CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Introducing Live Chat Support for CA Service Desk Manager!

• 1.  Introducing Live Chat Support for CA Service Desk Manager!

Posted Jan 09, 2012 07:48 PM

Have a general Service Desk question? Getting an error code? Need to know where to find information about Best Practices or Administrative tasks? Ever wish you had a CA Service Desk Support Engineer at your fingertips? Well, now you do!

Introducing Live Chat Support for CA Service Desk Manager!

CA Service Desk Manager Support now offers access to Support Engineers via Live Chat.
    To chat with a live Support Engineer during prime business hours within your region*, login to CA Support Online, access the ‘Open an Issue’ link in the left hand pane, select your Service Desk product and version, and then select ‘Click here’ in the banner window which appears above the Product Information section.

To get started, provide the requested information and you will be connected to a live, knowledgeable and friendly Service Desk Manager Support Engineer.

When your question has been answered, tell us about your experience. We welcome your feedback so come back and visit us often!

* currently available in English only

• 2.  RE: Introducing Live Chat Support for CA Service Desk Manager!

Posted Jan 09, 2012 08:27 PM
    Hi Steve,

Thanks for letting the community know about this great new Support feature for Service Management Support!

Check it out folks!

• 3.  Where to find Live "Chat Support" for CA Service Desk Manager.

Posted Mar 13, 2012 06:25 PM

A few folks have missed spotting the Chat Banner, so here is what the entry point looks like. See attached screenshots.

Step 1 - From "Open a Case" at support.ca.com fill in any Service Desk Manager product that you have entitlement for.
    Step 2 - Enter the "Release."
    Step 3 - At this point, a small banner with "Got a quick question? Click here to chat live with an engineer." appears ABOVE the data entry area of the form. Click it.
    Step 4 - Fill out your details and you will be connected live with an engineer, if available.

We hope you find this feature useful.

Kyle_R.

How to Start Chat 1.jpg

How to Start Chat 2.jpg

• 4.  RE: Introducing Live Chat Support for CA Service Desk Manager!

Posted Mar 13, 2012 08:44 PM
    Thanks for the great instructions Kyle!

Chris

• 5.  Re: RE: Introducing Live Chat Support for CA Service Desk Manager!

Posted Jun 25, 2014 01:21 PM

Is there chat available for Catalog? I followed the steps but don't get the chat option.

• 6.  Re: RE: Introducing Live Chat Support for CA Service Desk Manager!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2014 04:15 PM

I do not believe that there is currently online chat available for Service Catalog

• 7.  RE: Introducing Live Chat Support for CA Service Desk Manager!

Posted Jan 26, 2012 09:36 AM
    This is great, nice feature that you have added.

So I have been using CA Service Desk Manager for 2 months, with our vendor. We have 1 ongoin issue that they keep informing us that CA is working on. We have no way of exporting the data to an excel file or any format that we wish. They tell us "its a known issue with CA". The 2nd thing that we would like to have is their a way to add a url to the description field of the ticket?

• 8.  RE: Introducing Live Chat Support for CA Service Desk Manager!

Posted Feb 06, 2012 11:30 PM

pprata wrote:

This is great, nice feature that you have added.

So I have been using CA Service Desk Manager for 2 months, with our vendor. We have 1 ongoin issue that they keep informing us that CA is working on. We have no way of exporting the data to an excel file or any format that we wish. They tell us "its a known issue with CA". The 2nd thing that we would like to have is their a way to add a url to the description field of the ticket?
    Hi,

This part of the post probably belongs as two new threads under the Service Desk General Discussion - it's probably not been seen under here as the subject of this thread is "Live Chat." I suggest logging it out to this section if it is still a concern.

For the "export" issue, it sounds like a description of an issue with "Export Button." There are some known issues in this area, which the vendor should be working with CA Technologies, Support, to progress. I suggest following up with the vendor and asking to view the issue number in support.ca.com.

The second item on the URL the vendor should also be able to assist with, or engage CAT Support.

Thanks.

• 9.  RE: Introducing Live Chat Support for CA Service Desk Manager!

Posted Jan 26, 2012 02:57 PM
    Is there an additional cost associated with the Live Chat Support?

Thank you,

• 10.  RE: Introducing Live Chat Support for CA Service Desk Manager!

Posted Jan 30, 2012 03:18 PM

chenelson wrote:

Thank you,
    I do not believe so as I was able to login and chat without making any changes to our support agreement. Works pretty well. Thanks!

• 11.  RE: Introducing Live Chat Support for CA Service Desk Manager!

Posted Feb 07, 2012 11:22 AM

matsmith wrote:

chenelson wrote:

Thank you,
    I do not believe so as I was able to login and chat without making any changes to our support agreement. Works pretty well. Thanks!
    Hi - Yes you are correct. :happy The Chat support feature is available to customers who by entitlement can open issues against Service Desk/Service Desk Manager. The chat banner will become available once you select a Service Desk Manager product/component and version. We encourage your feedback to help improve this service offering. Thank You - Steve

• 12.  RE: Introducing Live Chat Support for CA Service Desk Manager!

Posted May 10, 2012 11:49 AM
    I just used it for a simple issue and it was great. The tech "Jobby" was very helpful and resolved my issue in a minute. Love it! Thank you for telling me about this service!

• 13.  RE: Introducing Live Chat Support for CA Service Desk Manager!

Posted May 10, 2012 01:37 PM
    Hello Dogden,

You are most welcome! Im glad you had a great experience. Please spread the word amongst your peers. Desktop/Server Management also has Chat. Check it out as well if time permits. It's accessed in a similar way.

Thanks,
    Steven LaRocca
    CA Technologies
    Support Delivery Manager
    Tel: +1-631-342-6449
    Mobile: +1-631-252-1145
    Steven.Larocca@ca.com

• 14.  RE: Introducing Live Chat Support for CA Service Desk Manager!

Posted May 10, 2012 11:49 AM
    I just used it for a simple issue and it was great. The tech "Jobby" was very helpful and resolved my issue in a minute. Love it! Thank you for telling me about this service!

• 15.  RE: Introducing Live Chat Support for CA Service Desk Manager!

Posted May 10, 2012 02:16 PM
    That's fantastic, and what a great new service. Thank you for sharing this information. Haven't had to use it yet, but it's comin...

Jayson

• 16.  RE: Introducing Live Chat Support for CA Service Desk Manager!

Posted May 14, 2012 08:27 AM
    It is indeed a very nice feature, and when you get through the support is excellent for a quick question.

Only bad thing to say is the lack of overview of these prime business, as i have absolutely no idea when these are. Are they american based? As i know that from 8-12 CET the chances to get through is minimal.

But as i started, very great feature! :)

• 17.  RE: Introducing Live Chat Support for CA Service Desk Manager!

Posted May 14, 2012 10:01 PM
    Hello Michael,

Thank you for the feedback. For Service Desk Manager, Support Engineers are available over chat during the following time slots (all in US Eastern time zone)

NA: 10am - 5pm
    EMEA: 4am - 11am
    Australia/India: 6pm - 1am

Hope this helps

Thanks
    Steve

• 18.  RE: Introducing Live Chat Support for CA Service Desk Manager!

Posted May 16, 2012 02:34 AM
    Thanks Steve, thats all i wanted. :)

• 19.  RE: Introducing Live Chat Support for CA Service Desk Manager!

Posted May 17, 2012 07:46 PM
    Great Michael! I hope to see some survey results from your experiences working with the tool.

If you have any suggestions, please do let us know via the Post Chat Surveys

• 20.  Re: Where to find Live "Chat Support" for CA Service Desk Manager.

Posted Jun 25, 2014 11:04 PM

Hi All,

Retiring this thread.

New thread created here for the new Communities.

Communities: Support Options and "Chat" for Service Desk Manager issues.

Thanks, Kyle_R.