Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  PPM - JasperSoft - How can I hide the projects that have the value of the “X” field empty?

Posted Nov 07, 2017 05:29 PM

I have 3 custom fields of type "number" within the project object

"Costo Final" - "Costo Planeado" = "Diferencia"

Ex. 10,000 - 5,000 = 5,000

Each project must fill the values of the two fields (Costo Final y Costo Planeado) to obtain the result of the third (Diferencia)

I need to show only the total of projects that do not have the "Costo Planeado" field empty & projects Name

In the green box, you should only show 3 projects

Project 1 (10,000) - Project Name ***
    Project 2 ( 61,100) - Project Name "Complemento a proyectos BANXICO"

Project 3 (440,000) - Project Name ZZZ

Example: Project "Prueba 29 sept" has the field "Costo Planeado" empty, so it should not be shown in the report query

Any idea please?

Thanks

#askcappm

#jasperreporting

#customizingreports

#clarityreportgeneration

#formatchart

#filterfunctions

#ppm

• 2.  Re: PPM - JasperSoft - How can I hide the projects that have the value of the “X” field empty?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 08, 2017 02:25 AM

You can go for a cross tab and group by project count. Adhoc reports have very limited formatting options so you may wish you take a look at Studio report 

• 3.  Re: PPM - JasperSoft - How can I hide the projects that have the value of the “X” field empty?

Posted Nov 09, 2017 03:32 PM

Hi Suman,

Unfortunately I have to do it with this format  (Chart)

I require that the Project name be shown only if the "Costo Planeado" field is not null

Is it possible with some Formula or Functions?

Example

Project Name = Where "Costo Planeado" is not NULL

Or something like that

Thank you

• 4.  Re: PPM - JasperSoft - How can I hide the projects that have the value of the “X” field empty?
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 09, 2017 08:54 PM

Suggestion - default both attributes to be zero, and then search for '!= zero'.  SQL statements can handle nulls, but I don't think adhoc reports can.

• 5.  Re: PPM - JasperSoft - How can I hide the projects that have the value of the “X” field empty?

Posted Nov 09, 2017 09:42 PM

Hi Roland

I have already set both attributes as the default zero value.

What would be the syntax for this "formula"?

Project Name = Where "Costo Planeado" is != zero

Thanks

• 6.  Re: PPM - JasperSoft - How can I hide the projects that have the value of the “X” field empty?

Posted Nov 13, 2017 03:07 PM

Hi roland.parrotte SumanPramanik

Any idea?

Please help me  

Its my firts time with JasperSoft & Clarity

Thanks a lot

• 7.  Re: PPM - JasperSoft - How can I hide the projects that have the value of the “X” field empty?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 14, 2017 01:10 AM

I guess we need to manage these scenario with studio report, Adhoc report there is no much you can achieve

• 8.  Re: PPM - JasperSoft - How can I hide the projects that have the value of the “X” field empty?

Posted Nov 14, 2017 08:32 AM

If the attributes are defaulted to zero and one wants to exclude projects where zeros exists, is this not a matter of filtering, rather than calculated fields?

Below, I show all the Investment IDs where Total ETC Labor cost is non-zero.  Any investments that are zero do not show in chart (tough to see as there are so many investments in chart, below, that their labels become a blur on x-axis).

Filter on greater than zero, example, Jaspersoft ad-hoc

Here, I'm filtering on "Stage" is not Null and is "Total ETC Labor Cost" greater than zero.

Jaspersoft filtering on IsNotNull and IsGTZero

Filtering, not calculations.

Regarding display of "Total Project Count," I've yet to figure out a way to do this in Jaspersoft, except by maybe creating another ad-hoc view/report that just displays total count and putting the two reports onto a Dashboard with a common filter.  When writing SQL based Jaspersoft Studio views, I understand that it is possible to put more than one view onto a single report.  With ad-hoc, its one view per one report, thus the need to go to Dashboards to combine ad-hoc views.

Jaspersoft has a long way to go to catch up to Tableau, MS PowerBI...

• 9.  Re: PPM - JasperSoft - How can I hide the projects that have the value of the “X” field empty?

Posted Nov 15, 2017 11:18 PM

Hi Dale_Stockman

I want to use a filter, but it should not be modified by the end user

How can I assign a specific value that can not be modified?