DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Create alarm exceptions for certain devices?

Posted Sep 02, 2016 01:12 PM

Hello,

My apologies if this is a simple question and has been answered before, but I'm very new to CA Spectrum and have limited management visibility to the tool. The team that manages Spectrum for our company tells me this is not possible, but I thought I'd ping the community just in case...

Is there a way to have alarms generated for certain event codes, but have exceptions for specific devices? In other words, let's say I generally want Major alarms for event code 0x00220011 which are forwarded to a program which rings a cell phone, but want to make them either Minor (sends email) for certain devices, or disabled completely for other devices.

Hope this question makes sense. Thanks for your help!

• 2.  Re: Create alarm exceptions for certain devices?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 02, 2016 01:33 PM
      |   view attached

You can have exceptions for models by using event condition rules.  In the Event Configuration editor, you could modify the event and use a regexp to match the model name of the models and then have that generate another event or set of events.  Those events could then generate a different alarm or do nothing.

The only thing you have to be mindful of is that there are events that are triggered by Spectrum code that may have undesirable affects if you do this.  Generally those are the fault isolation events (but there are others out there as well).

You can check out the docs on using them here:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-spectrum/10-1-and-10-1-1/en/managing-network/event-configuration/working-with-event-rules

Hope that helps!

Jay

• 3.  Re: Create alarm exceptions for certain devices?

Posted Sep 12, 2016 11:27 AM

How do you identify the CA events which relate to fault isolation and which should not be customized ? are they listed anywhere ?

thanks,

Veronique

• 4.  Re: Create alarm exceptions for certain devices?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 16, 2016 10:40 AM

Hi Veronique, 

They are currently not listed.  We are working on building a list which would be posted in a tech doc once ready.  I will follow up on the status of it.

Cheers

Jay

• 5.  Re: Create alarm exceptions for certain devices?

Posted Sep 16, 2016 11:08 AM
      |   view attached

Great. Thanks !

veronique