DX NetOps

View Only

Spec KB: When adding Global Collections to the collections tab of a SANM policy can I also add child models of these Global Collections to the policy also so that they are handled in the same way as the parent Global Collection

• 1.  Spec KB: When adding Global Collections to the collections tab of a SANM policy can I also add child models of these Global Collections to the policy also so that they are handled in the same way as the parent Global Collection

Posted Apr 06, 2017 12:07 PM

Document ID:  TEC1632317

Show Technical Document Details

Introduction:

When creating a SANM policy it is possible to include or exclude Global Collections so that the SANM policy applies or not to these Global Collections by adding them to the Collections tab of the policy. This is a tech doc to confirm that it is not possible to also include or exclude child models of these Global Collections as part of the SANM policy.

Question:

When adding Global Collections to the collections tab of a SANM policy so that they are included or excluded from the policy, can I also add child models of these Global Collections to the policy also so that they are handled in the same way as the parent Global Collection?

Environment:

Any

Answer:

It is not possible to have child models of Global Collections included or excluded from the SANM policy in the same way as the parent Global Collections are (when adding them to the Collections tab of the policy).

When you add a Global Collection to the Collections tab of the SANM policy this is defining that the filter says to include or exclude only models which are part of the Global Collection, and does not include the child models.