Layer7 API Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

If suppose a third party wants an Oauth Authentication ,how we can do it in policy manager,say as client wants facebook for its Oauth Authentication.Can someone please elaborate on this.and provides all the steps., If suppose a third party wants an Oauth

• 1.  If suppose a third party wants an Oauth Authentication ,how we can do it in policy manager,say as client wants facebook for its Oauth Authentication.Can someone please elaborate on this.and provides all the steps., If suppose a third party wants an Oauth

Posted Aug 31, 2016 03:28 AM

Can someone pkease explain me about Oauth authentication step by step to be done for a client .Let say it is for Rest API.

I got somewhere to read about SSL mutual authentication is required at first place.I also got to know that we need to create key,certificates for a client .but i did nt get the part how gateway will authenticate the client.and why we need to crete user for Gateway as identity provider.Can you please explain me little about "Gateway as Identity provider".I know i am little confused about this...but please help to get the concept of how it is done...? 

• 2.  Re: If suppose a third party wants an Oauth Authentication ,how we can do it in policy manager,say as client wants facebook for its Oauth Authentication.Can someone please elaborate on this.and provides all the steps., If suppose a third party wants an Oa
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2016 05:43 PM

Hi Sonia,

You register the Gateway itself as an app (client) with the social network provider (like Facebook). 

There is a comprehensive video about this here: Consuming OAuth Protected APIs - Implementing Social Login using the SecureSpan Gateway - YouTube 

You can read more about how social login is implemented by the Mobile API Gateway here:

https://docops.ca.com/display/MAG32/Social+Login 

Hope this helps.

Simon