Release Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Deployment is blocked

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Deployment is blocked

Posted Aug 24, 2016 04:13 AM

Hi All,

Is there some document from where i could get details of Nolio database ERD? My deployment is being stuck at 0% with a message that 'waiting for previous processes to finish' whereas, there is no other process running for that application.

Is there something i could check in the database to make sure that no such flag is set and that is why deployment is being blocked?

Meanwhile , i would still need the ERD for my reference.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Amit Joshi

• 2.  Re: Deployment is blocked
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 24, 2016 05:18 AM

hi,

you might have a "blocked process run" that does not show up in the "online process reports". Easiest way to find (and kill ?) that process is going through the JMX interface. Have a look at this post Release Automation KB: Locate and Stop Running Processes from JMX 

hope this helps.

• 3.  Re: Deployment is blocked

Posted Aug 24, 2016 06:07 AM

yes, as benny said, you could use the jmx for that. the first try would be the mentioned online process report, if there nothing pops up, then the jmx

you mostly run into this situation, when the server that the deployment needs to use is used by a different deployment/process

• 4.  Re: Deployment is blocked

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2016 04:11 AM

Hi Amit

Did this answer from  Benny answered your question? If it did please mark it as answered"

If the question is still unanswered or the answer is unclear please let us know .

With Kind regards

Dirk

• 5.  Re: Deployment is blocked

Posted Aug 29, 2016 04:21 AM

Hi Dirk, I dind't ask the question, Amit did

• 6.  Re: Deployment is blocked

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2016 11:19 PM

amitwjoshi, please let us know if you're still having this problem. Or, if it has been answered then please mark it as such.

Regards,

Gregg

• 7.  Re: Deployment is blocked

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 02, 2016 03:48 AM

Hi , Amit

I believe you have the correct answer, if you do not please let us know

Regards dirk

• 8.  Re: Deployment is blocked

Posted Sep 09, 2016 06:45 AM

Hi Gents,

My apologies for delay in reply. Today, I tried using jmx to check any ongoing deployments. The URL http://NAC:20203/mbean?objectname=noliocenter%3Atype%3Dinfo did not lead me to anywhere. Then I checked the 'Domain: noliocenter' on the 'Server view' tab and this is what i could see.

I am not able to find and stop the jobs which are still in-progress. I am still facing the 'blocked-waiting for previous run to finish' issue.

Best regards,

Amit Joshi

• 9.  Re: Deployment is blocked

Posted Sep 09, 2016 06:49 AM

did you check the online report in automation studio? I would suggest running a report there with the selection that it shows the online processes for year to date

• 10.  Re: Deployment is blocked

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 09, 2016 08:17 AM

Hi,

The NAC JMX server should look like this could you confirm you were connected to the NAC JMX, I would also suggest checking the Process report on the dashboard this should show if you have any running processes.

Regards

Keith

• 11.  Re: Deployment is blocked

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 09, 2016 11:03 AM

In addition to the reports and JMX's noliocenter:type=info bean you can also use the NAC's JMX to search for releasecenter:type=info bean. This bean provides a method to getAllActiveReleases. You might have a look here if the reports and JMX noliocenter:type=info views do not show anything since I think these will show you active processes. 

I'm honestly not sure if the view I mentioned will help you with a blocked deployment scenario. But the view will show you releases that are still active whether they have processes running or not. And if you're blocked without any processes running then it is worth a look. 

If you do find something here then I would recommend taking note of the releaseId and disposing of it through the ROC. But there is a removeRelease method here too for last resort situations. 

Regards,

Gregg

• 12.  Re: Deployment is blocked

Posted Sep 13, 2016 04:53 AM

Pheww... finally got this resolved... i was not connecting to NAC JMX console.. as pointed out by Keith.. so i connected to NAC JMX console and there were few deployments in not-complete state.. they did not appear in any kind of online audit report though.. so i stopped all active runs and now i could progress with my deployments.

Thanks a lot for all your patience and co-operation.

Best regards,

Amit Joshi.