DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

My device is showing as pingable even after SNMP is enabled on it with connection string.

• 1.  My device is showing as pingable even after SNMP is enabled on it with connection string.

Posted Jul 10, 2017 06:48 AM

My device is showing as pingable even after SNMP is enabled on it with connection string.

• 2.  Re: My device is showing as pingable even after SNMP is enabled on it with connection string.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2017 07:02 AM

Hello 

Can you please give us more details about your problem ? Where /how it is showing as pin gable  or  it some other 

product related query not APM by mistake you post here

Thanks

Olympia

• 3.  Re: My device is showing as pingable even after SNMP is enabled on it with connection string.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2017 08:22 AM

Hi : 

Can you please verify that you are posting this in the correct group -- Application Performance Management.as Olympia says

This seems to be a generic SNMP issue that has little to do with APM as so far described. My guess is this belongs in the Spectrum group. But await verification.

If this is an APM issue 

- Can you please describe this device and type of services running on it

- What SNMP release you are using.

Thanks

Hal German

• 4.  Re: My device is showing as pingable even after SNMP is enabled on it with connection string.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2017 08:28 AM

Hi,

Can you elaborate on what Olympia and Hal have asked you?

Thanks,
    Matt

• 5.  Re: My device is showing as pingable even after SNMP is enabled on it with connection string.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2017 11:06 AM

No response given to questions. Marking as answered. However, we welcome your responses to the questions posed and asking additional questions

Thanks

Hal German

• 6.  Re: My device is showing as pingable even after SNMP is enabled on it with connection string.

Posted Jul 12, 2017 01:40 AM

Hi friends.

This issue i am facing in spectrum 10.1.1 and the device i am trying to discover is Nexus switch 5548. Thanks for your help but still waiting for a solution.

~Vivek

• 7.  Re: My device is showing as pingable even after SNMP is enabled on it with connection string.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 12, 2017 01:45 AM

Hi Vivek,

This community is just for APM and related products ASM & AXA.

To get assistance for your Spectrum problem please create a question in the Spectrum Community here: CA Spectrum 

Thanks

Lynn

• 8.  Re: My device is showing as pingable even after SNMP is enabled on it with connection string.

Posted Jul 12, 2017 02:28 AM

OK

• 9.  Re: My device is showing as pingable even after SNMP is enabled on it with connection string.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 12, 2017 11:07 PM

Hi Vivek,

Couple of things to check here:

- Launch MIB - Tools and check if you are able to query the device using the SNMP settings?

- If you are using SNMP V3 - Are the profiles setup properly on the Spectrum server?

- What happens if you try to discover the device using "Discover by IP " from the Universe?

Regards,

Tarun

• 10.  Re: My device is showing as pingable even after SNMP is enabled on it with connection string.

Posted Jul 13, 2017 03:59 AM

Hi! Tarun

1)While trying to discover from Universe, the error is "SPC-OCC-11813: Error creating the model in landscape"

2)Using MIB i am able to check both with SNMP v1 ans SNMP v2c

3)NO i am not using SNMP V3

Regards

Vivek Kumar

• 11.  Re: My device is showing as pingable even after SNMP is enabled on it with connection string.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2017 07:44 AM
      |   view attached

I would run a sniffer trace and then try to discover the device in the Universe. See what the packets look like.  Make sure the device is responding appropriately.  If you are unable to determine what is going on after that, please open a support case and provide the sniffer trace.

Thanks!

Jay

• 12.  Re: My device is showing as pingable even after SNMP is enabled on it with connection string.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2017 08:14 AM
      |   view attached

Dear Customer - I expect your question to this "Spectrum" community group is right and you are looking for Spectrum monitoring capablities. Here the "device" was initially discovered and you may see this "IP" now as a "model" (IP-Device / pingable) in the CA Spectrum OC-console. 

Now - I assume, you did additional reconfiguration at device level - or at Spectrum (i.e. to update SNMP profiles etc) .. but still you do not see the expected results (i.e. having a full featured monitoring capablity - also covering Host resource monitoring (which Spectrum also supports). 

Please do as follows - and this is just with no risk for your monitoring. 

- save the IP-address for this pingable model - and delete this model in your container (select + delete)

- within the same container - find on top "Create By IP ..." - and set the appropriate IP and community string

This will receate a Spectrum model in the container now covering the full featured (as much as possible) monitoring capablities. When using the "Create By IP .." function the CA Spectrum discovery logic will try to find out the best matching model-type giving you then the possible monitoring functionality for the "discovered SNMP MIB"/agent data. 

There is NO auto-reconfiguration at CA Spectrum to increase the "pingable" model-type to a full featured SNMP_agent model-type. 

I hope this will match to your question ... Cheers, Joerg