IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Click or Select Events on IRF Table?

Posted Aug 08, 2016 09:23 AM

I have a form that looks like this...

The Idea is that when the user searches in the field above it performs a live search for users that match up. I have that little bit working fine (we're querying the database, we've got records coming back). Hooray.

but, here's the problem...

The table exposes no click or select event. I was hoping that when the user clicks a row it updates the interface showing the selected user in the search field. Unfortunately there is no interaction events on the table itself to bind to. The table sub fields allow for interaction but they only work when you have the table set to allow editing which is definitely not what i'm after. We're not editing results, we're searching here. Other than playing dutch uncle with CA's implementation here of UX and doing something really silly like porting jquery into the script window and rolling my own extended series of events what are my options here? Am i chasing down a fools errand and you guys have a ready built piece of functionality that does this stuff? I looked at the lookup control but I didn't see anyway to accomplish the same thing. You can search and populate but clicking ok does nothing. It just closes the modal. I feel like I'm missing something huge here and the documentation is pretty sparse on this sort of thing.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Cheers!

• 2.  Re: Click or Select Events on IRF Table?

Posted Aug 22, 2016 04:13 PM

* shameless bump *

• 3.  Re: Click or Select Events on IRF Table?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 22, 2016 05:51 PM

Hi Joel,

It might be helpful if you add an export of your IRF to this post for review. 

Can you explain what you want to happen when the user clicks one of the rows in the table?  For example, in your image above, I'm guessing they type in Smith in the Search field and then the table appears.  So then when they click on the row for Joe Smith, do you then want the Search field above to change to Joe Smith?  Or is it the Select drop down at the bottom that should change?  Or something else?

Bottom line, I don't know of a built in "easy" way to do this but the IRF design dialog does have a built in script editor where you can add java functions.  This is a customization so we don't have a lot of documentation on building functions, but under that Script button (at the top of the IRF design screen) there are a few examples.  So you could build a java script and then change the "on click" behavior of the table row.

Perhaps someone in the communities has done something similar to this and could share their IRF code.

• 4.  Re: Click or Select Events on IRF Table?

Posted Aug 23, 2016 10:08 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Andy,

You pretty much hit the nail on the head as to what we're after. I attached the IRF...

The idea is to provide users a quick way to look up users in the SDM DB for assigning the next step in the workflow to.

So to re-iterate, here's what we are after:

1. The user types in part of a name or user id
    2. Below the field, a table appears and we're able to see matching users based on the string provided in the field.
    3. User clicks on a row in the table which bubbles an event (something to the effect of rowClicked, or rowSelected)
    4. Event passes the id, index, or rowobject of the row that was selected to a function that we can then populate the field with the selected Row Value (in this case the userid)

In effect we're validating the userid.  I noticed that i could drop check boxes into the Table element but even at that the click events are not being fired from just testing a simple alert dialog in code. Furthermore, even if i was able to fire java-script at this point the checkbox has a fatal flaw in approach in that multiple check boxes could be selected, whereas in my case all we're trying to return is a single row.

I'd like to consider myself as a fairly decent java-script guy and feel if I were able to bring in the jQuery library I could probably solve this problem by altering the dom slightly in code and dropping some click event handlers on the row elements themselves. Then I could filter against the columns and return the appropriate Identity into the text field. Unfortunately I'm running into some roadblocks in that regard. I would be thoroughly delighted If you had any ideas on how to get jQuery on its feet in this thing.

I tried using the lookup dialog you mentioned to pull off the same functionality but quickly came to the conclusion that it is unusable as it also suffers from the same problem, there is no on select event or at least I wasn't able to identify one.

Looking forward to what you can come up with.

Many thanks!

Attachment(s)

• 5.  Re: Click or Select Events on IRF Table?

Posted Aug 23, 2016 04:36 PM

I think I may have found an issue in PAM. Check boxes placed within the table interface do not fire off any of their respective events. Check boxes outside the table however will fire off events. This would hamper the ability to actually use the checkbox within the table as a avenue for firing off a selection event.

• 6.  Re: Click or Select Events on IRF Table?

Posted Aug 25, 2016 09:08 AM

Thank You Lenn, What is the next steps regarding this issue? Will this be submitted to the dev team as a defect in production? What kind of time frame should I expect for resolving this issue?

Respectfully,
    Joel B.

• 7.  Re: Click or Select Events on IRF Table?

Community Manager
    Posted Aug 26, 2016 08:16 AM

Joel,

Good morning. The support and development teams do monitor these questions -- so I'll defer to them on how to best handle a defect. 

• 8.  Re: Click or Select Events on IRF Table?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 26, 2016 08:29 AM

Please open an issue with the support team with all relevent information and we can get the engineering team to address this.

It will be a great help to the support folks if you could provide a simplified example that can be easily imported into an orchestrator to demonstrate the problem. 

Thanks!

• 9.  Re: Click or Select Events on IRF Table?

Posted Aug 26, 2016 09:36 AM

Thanks Mike,

Will do.

• 10.  Re: Click or Select Events on IRF Table?

Posted Jan 20, 2017 03:40 PM

Curious, did you resolved this?  I can see needing this in the near future.

thanks,

J.W.

• 11.  Re: Click or Select Events on IRF Table?

Posted Feb 21, 2017 02:40 PM

They released a patch to us that was supposed to fix the issue but instead i think it's caused other problems. The server now pegs its cpu after about 3 or 4 hours.