DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Why can't I set a severity in Windows Event Log Monitoring?

Posted Apr 14, 2017 02:43 PM

I would like to set up a log monitor for a Windows Application Event log.  When I try to add one, I don't get a selection box for "Severity".  Without this, I just get an indication in the table that a match has occurred. 

I have this set up on another server, different landscape, same versions of SystemEDGE, and I get the severity selection box as I would expect.

Thanks

Steve

• 2.  Re: Why can't I set a severity in Windows Event Log Monitoring?

Posted Apr 20, 2017 06:27 PM

Are they the same version of Spectrum (I am assuming you are using Spectrum)?

Are they modeled using the same model type?

• 3.  Re: Why can't I set a severity in Windows Event Log Monitoring?

Posted Apr 21, 2017 10:00 AM

Both are Workstation-Server Model Class of Type systemEDGE Host.  They are both using the same version of SystemEDGE.  They’re on different landscapes, but the landscapes are both running the same version of Spectrum.

Another difference I noticed this morning is that they are in different secured zones.  The one that provides the severity box is in the same zone as the OneClick server.  The one that doesn’t have the severity box is in a secured zone.  The landscape is in the same secured zone, with FW rules to communicate back to OneClick.  But, that seems odd that I could do everything else to the device in the secured zone, but not set a severity in the dialog for configuring a Windows Event Log monitor.

Thanks

Steve

• 4.  Re: Why can't I set a severity in Windows Event Log Monitoring?

Posted May 19, 2017 02:59 PM

Hey ackjo04 can you help with this response?  Thanks

• 5.  Re: Why can't I set a severity in Windows Event Log Monitoring?

Posted May 22, 2017 08:32 AM

Not sure if this would matter or not but are both modeled in the Spectrum database using a read/write community string?

Joe

• 6.  Re: Why can't I set a severity in Windows Event Log Monitoring?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2017 08:36 AM

Hmm, my email response didn't seem to post...

The functionality checks to make sure the MajorVersion attribute is 5.  If it’s not, the severity doesn’t show up.  If the MajorVersion attribute is 4 but you’re running a 5.x version, try reconfiguring the model in Spectrum.

Cheers

Jay

• 7.  Re: Why can't I set a severity in Windows Event Log Monitoring?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2017 08:57 AM

Sorry I got the attribute name incorrect.  The actual attribute is named:

revisionMajorNumber