Plex 2E

View Only
  • 1.  dynamic column sort

Posted Aug 18, 2014 12:54 PM

Hello,

i want to sort ALL Data preserved in a database by clicking the column heading.

normally only the loaded data in the grid (Standard 64, 128, ...) will be sorted by i want to sort all data.

the Problem to get in Action diagram to the click on the column heading is solved. i can implement code "after the click".

(solved with this community )

now the next Problem is to get the Name/number/anything else of the column wich was clicked; with this Information i will call the correspond blockfetch to read all data from database and sort them...

has anyone a solution?

thanks in advance. best regards tobias

• 2.  Re: dynamic column sort

Posted Aug 18, 2014 01:32 PM

• 3.  Re: dynamic column sort

Posted Aug 19, 2014 02:20 AM

thank you for your reply.

ok that's not good. i wonder how other plex-progrmmer solved this "Problem".

our customers always complain that the click on the Header only sorts the loaded data.

what have you for Solutions for your customers?

best regards, tobias

• 4.  Re: dynamic column sort

Posted Aug 19, 2014 02:41 AM

Right the plex grid has a restriction of 32,000 records.  https://communities.ca.com/message/95779889#95779889

With that in mind I use my own version of UIBASIC/FullGrid  which allows the user to choose at runtime (via a check box, pushbuttonlike, on the panel) if they want the grid to be a full grid load or not (the setting is saved to their ini file for the panel)

So if it suits them they can use the very useful sort functionality of a plex grid on the Full set of data or not.