DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

I deleted metrics from SLM and isn't possible create it metrics again and see it

• 1.  I deleted metrics from SLM and isn't possible create it metrics again and see it

Posted Oct 18, 2019 06:01 PM
    Hi everyone.
    I am configuring sql_response probe, and all apparently okay. For a moment  I can saw metricas of my configuration but for some reason I no longer. So I configured again the sql_response and deleted the group metrics "sql_response" from SLM and "QOS" for that UIM to create metrics again but this metrics aren't create it again.

My configuration in sql_response is  ---->

Active metrics ------>

UIM not create it the metrics again ----->
    Waht can I do ????

• 2.  RE: I deleted metrics from SLM and isn't possible create it metrics again and see it

Posted Oct 19, 2019 03:34 AM
    After the delete:
    - stop the sql_response probe
    - restart data_engine
    - restart sql_response probe

• 3.  RE: I deleted metrics from SLM and isn't possible create it metrics again and see it

Posted Oct 24, 2019 01:19 PM
    Hi @Luc Christiaens this steps not work. Do you have other procedure?​

• 4.  RE: I deleted metrics from SLM and isn't possible create it metrics again and see it

Posted Oct 24, 2019 01:34 PM
    Just my opinion on what was initially done. It is best to not delete qos unless you are really sure that it needs to be done or it is just a test lab. 

There are two steps, creating the qos and creating the qos data. 

In this case apparently the qos was created correctly and then qos data stopped. 
    One approach to take is troubleshoot the lack of new qos data. 

use drnimbus message sniffer filtered to the probe
    deactivate the probe 
    activate the probe 
    monitor drnimbus for qos_definition messages, these are the ones used to create the qos

This will indicate the need to look further at the probe or the db side. 

Probably also good to clear niscache at the robot.

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 5.  RE: I deleted metrics from SLM and isn't possible create it metrics again and see it

Posted Oct 24, 2019 01:54 PM
    Hi @David Michel I clearly made a mistake​, now I need to solve it.
    I make this, but not resolv the problem.
    1) Deactivate sql_response
    2) I applied with probe utility
         _nis_cache_clean
         _reset_device_id_and_restart
    3) check with doc nimbus that QOS_DEFINITION has been created
    I think that may be the data_engine doesn't create the QOS sql_response again?
    Is possible repair this? may be to create manually the QOS in db? I don't know if this is the best practice.

• 6.  RE: I deleted metrics from SLM and isn't possible create it metrics again and see it

Posted Oct 24, 2019 02:08 PM
    My intention was to provide guidance for others to consider the options prior to slm qos delete, and not to point out a potential mistake made. 

qos_definition messages should be sent every time a probe is activate and which ones sent will depend upon which qos has been enabled. 

If the probe is no longer sending the qos_definition messages consider:
    ensuring robot is either robot_update-7.97HF6.zip or 9.2 if UIM 9.0.2 or 9.2.0 is used
    delete the probe from the console
    delete the probe folder 
    clear the niscache folder at the robot
    restart the robot
    deactivate discovery_server
    deactivate data_engine
    activate data_engine
    activate discovery_server
    deploy the latest revision of the probe
    reconfigure 
    check for qos_definition messages

others with more experience may have a different order for some of the above &/or different advice.

Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 7.  RE: I deleted metrics from SLM and isn't possible create it metrics again and see it

Posted Oct 24, 2019 04:29 PM
    Thanks @David Michel for all your support.

The robot ​if it's sending QOS_DEFINATION, but the QOS is not being created in the "SLM" I don't know what else to do

OQS_DEFINITION sending from robot ------>

On SLM not create the QOS

• 8.  RE: I deleted metrics from SLM and isn't possible create it metrics again and see it

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2019 04:32 PM
    I recommend checking the data_engine log on level 3 or higher, and watch for errors regarding this QOS.     I suspect data_engine is having some trouble inserting it.

• 9.  RE: I deleted metrics from SLM and isn't possible create it metrics again and see it

Posted Oct 24, 2019 04:48 PM
    for my part, 
    deactivate data_engine
    activate data_engine
    rather than just relying on the auto restart when saving the log level change

Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 10.  RE: I deleted metrics from SLM and isn't possible create it metrics again and see it
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 25, 2019 03:32 PM
    Hi All.

I fixed the issue. Only create other profile with other query in sql_response and the QOS has been created again

thanks to all.