Automic Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Transport Case

• 1.  Transport Case

Posted Sep 12, 2016 08:40 AM
    Hi,

How to put put automaticly object on Transport Case ?

Thanks

• 2.  Transport Case

Posted Sep 12, 2016 10:02 AM
    There is no script function for putting Objects into the transport case.

I can offer a select where you see which object are in the transport case. Theoretically you can update the field OH_ExpFlag to 1.

• But don't use objects that are in Client 0.
    • only update objects that have deleteflag = 0
    • exclude objects with the type 'FOLD' and 'CLIENT'
    I can offer a select to see what's actually in your transport case:

select * from OH 
    where 
    OH_ExpFlag = 1 and
    OH_OType <> 'FOLD' and
    OH_DeleteFlag = 0 and 
    OH_Client <> 0

• 3.  Transport Case

Posted Sep 12, 2016 10:05 AM
    You can also use the Java API, there exist different classes you can use.

• ClearTransportCase --> clears objects from the Transport Case
    • TransportObject -->  places object in the Automic Transport Case
    Hope that will help.

• 4.  Transport Case

Posted Sep 12, 2016 10:46 AM
    Christian thank you for this information.
    it confirms what I have already read.
    if we can not move the objects automatically in the transport box (and I refuse to attack directly the DB).
    Is it possible to manually create a .txt file (such as unload) was using select?
    thanks again

• 5.  Transport Case

Posted Sep 12, 2016 02:50 PM

• 6.  Transport Case

Posted Sep 12, 2016 11:45 PM
    Currently we have a customer that backup all the objects daily via transport object using Unload utility.
    Just simple use the below parameter, it would move all the objects in client 1 to "Transport Case" and backup to a text file, and then clear out the "Transport Case" (remove "-D" if you want to keep it in "Transport Case" after that )  

UCYBDBun -BTRANSPORTALL -D  -C1 -XC:\UC4\V11\Temp\backup.txt

• 7.  Transport Case

Posted Sep 13, 2016 02:04 AM
    I want to pass objects of an environment to another (UAT to PROD, for example).
    transport box is ideal but the displacement of objects in the folder "transport case" is long is tedious (over 200 objects located in different folders).
    The export / import can overcome the problem, by cons, when importing, the tree structure is not reproduced (on the V10 at least).
    There should be a mix between the two, or be able to do a load an .xml

• 8.  Transport Case

Posted Sep 13, 2016 07:59 AM
    We have the Transport Management Solution (TMS) which is a specific tool to facilitate migrating objects between environments like you mentioned (UAT to PROD).  It basically allows you to use the Transport Case feature, but gives you the added ability to have multiple packages from within the same client (as well as some other features).  

I haven't played with it yet, but I know there is a feature in the TMS that allows you to setup filters or templates so that if you migrate a specific set of objects frequently - you can set it up to "remember" that group of objects for the future.  So the next time you need to migrate them from UAT to PROD you can simply select the template, it will automatically select the objects you want and you can unload / load from there.  That's how I believe it should work anyway.

The TMS is an add-on feature though - it is not standard.  You'd need to talk to your account rep if you wanted more information on that.

There's no getting around having to select the objects you want though one way or another.  There's no way for the Automation Engine to know.  You have to have them in the same folder or the naming standard of the objects needs to be such that they can be selected that way.  

• 9.  Transport Case

Posted Sep 13, 2016 09:19 AM
    Hello Laura,
    thank you for this information, I will get closer to our supplier for more information about this product.

• 10.  Transport Case

Posted Sep 14, 2016 03:32 AM
    With the Automic Application Interface a.k.a. Java API you should be able to archive this request.

• 11.  Transport Case

Posted Sep 14, 2016 08:04 AM
    FrankMuffke
    I already mentioned the JAVA API and its classes but the export script function is not the same like a transport. Export is for xml export.