DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  SRM, CABI, and Sub-Interfaces

Posted Jun 25, 2012 02:02 PM
    Hello forum friends,

I am wondering if anyone else has noticed that SRM / CABI (9.2.1.6) seems to ignore sub-interfaces.

We have a collection of Cisco and Juniper devices, and we can generate reports against the physical interfaces, but sub-interfaces are not present in the CABI database.
    For example, if I run custom SQL like the following, I get no results for sub-interfaces, so it appears that CABI just does not know anything about them.
    SELECT DISTINCT v_dim_interface_model_asset.model_name
      FROM v_dim_interface_model  v_dim_interface_model_asset
    WHERE v_dim_interface_model_asset.model_name LIKE 'DEVICENAME%'
    ORDER BY v_dim_interface_model_asset.model_name;
    Has anyone else run into this, or have suggestions?
    I searched the PDF's and support.CA.com without luck.
    I have not yet asked CA, but I fear this is F.A.D.

Thank you,
    --Mark S
    Mark Serencha – Inforonics Global Services, LLC – (m) +1-781-439-0519 – Mark.Serencha_AT_inforonics.com

• 2.  RE: SRM, CABI, and Sub-Interfaces

Posted Jun 26, 2012 07:06 AM
    Hi ,

What report are you trying to generate on the sub-interfaces? Have you tried giving the sub-interface model name in the input paramter page and then report?

kalyan

• 3.  RE: SRM, CABI, and Sub-Interfaces

Posted Jun 26, 2012 07:19 AM

kalyan444u wrote:

Hi ,

What report are you trying to generate on the sub-interfaces? Have you tried giving the sub-interface model name in the input paramter page and then report?

kalyan
    Kaylan,

I had developed a report of IP address usage by device and interface, and my customer noticed that some interfaces with assigned IP's were missing from the report.
    The missing group was isolated to include sub-interfaces only.

To confirm, I ran a quick report with only "Interface Name" as a subject, no IP's, and no filters.
    The sub-interface names were NOT returned, but their "parent" interface names WERE returned.

I then ran some raw SQL (see original post above) to see which model names were present in the database, with the same result.
    If you check my SQL, you can see where I restrict it to view only interfaces from a specific device,
    by using WHERE v_dim_interface_model_asset.model_name LIKE 'DEVICENAME%'.
    I checked at least 4 devices that my customer pointed out to me.

I poked around the SRM database, but I did not find any hiding place for sub-interface data,
    and the data does not appear to be collected with regular interface data.

Thank you,
    --Mark S

Mark Serencha – Inforonics Global Services, LLC – (m) +1-781-439-0519 – Mark.Serencha_AT_inforonics.com

• 4.  Re: SRM, CABI, and Sub-Interfaces
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2016 01:16 PM

Closing this line of questioning as 9.2 is end of life and the original question is 4 years old.