Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  SiteMinder - SessionStore use external cache-engine?

Posted Sep 02, 2015 10:52 AM

Are there any plans for siteminder to use COTS cache-engines for the session store, as opposed to leveraging a DB or LDAP?

For environments with HIGH volume and low latency requirements, the overhead of managing the DB or LDAP connections (with replication) are a detractor.  Even if those processes handle the content in memory, there are other ways to get data in/out of products with less overhead.

Interested to hear what others have done for high-volume sites in conjunction with the session store.   Likewise if you would like to see this feature added, post those comments as well.

Regards,

-Jeff Minder

• 2.  Re: SiteMinder - SessionStore use external cache-engine?

Posted Sep 03, 2015 07:19 PM

Hi Jeff,

I have not much idea on COTS cache-engines (try google but no luck). My guess of the cache-engines is something like the network cache that cache the user session. As per my understanding, the design of the Siteminder to use the session store is the need to update the session and remove the session from time to time to keep the session validity. Having said that, I don't think Siteminder has mechanism to work this with cache engines. It might need to revise the design if that need to put in place.

Regards,

Kar Meng

• 3.  Re: SiteMinder - SessionStore use external cache-engine?

Posted Sep 24, 2015 04:26 PM

Are you referring to Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS)?

What cache engine were you considering as a option?