Automic Continuous Delivery Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Database connection failing in Connection Test

Posted Oct 18, 2017 08:54 AM
    Hello All,

I have created the Connection object with Database type as Mysql and the details of the Mysql database. (server,port and database name). A login object is also created with the details of Database connection and Machine Credential details.
    But when I test the connection it gives error like 'no_Login_Entry' . Please let me know what entries I need to give in the login object for the connection to work.

-Regards
     Mohit

Error is 

U00052010 UCUCM: Login 'MOHIT.LOGIN.UNIX1' for connection 'MOHIT.SQL.CONNECT' could not be resolved. Reason: 'no_Login_Entry'

• 2.  Database connection failing in Connection Test

Posted Oct 18, 2017 11:17 AM
    Looks to be a known issue with the AE:

https://automic.force.com/support/apex/CommunityArticleDetail?id=kA3b0000000kAJZCA2

Error Messages:U0052010 UCUCM: Login '%' for connection '%' could not be resolved. Reason: 'no_Login_Entry'
    Description:'Test Connection' fails with the above error message when you use a newly created LOGIN where Agent name is specified (not *) and has a domain/user.

Investigation

Update the LOGIN to use * instead of the Agent name, and the 'Test Connection' is successful.
    Change the LOGIN to use the Agent name again, and the 'Test Connection' is still successful.

Cause

Root Cause Type:Defect
    Root Cause:The Engine pushes the connection information along with the LOGIN CREDENTIALS into a cache. Changing the Login does not affect the cache hence it holds old/outdated information. Due to technical reasons this behavior was changed with a major release.

Resolution

Workaround:
    Open the corresponding Connection Object and save it. 
    This triggers a cache refresh and renews the last modification date of the connection in order to inform the Agent to pull it again from the Engine.
    Solution:
    Update to a fix version listed below or a newer version if available.

Fix Status:Released
    Fix Version:Automation Engine 12.0.0

• 3.  Database connection failing in Connection Test

Posted Oct 20, 2017 05:10 AM
    Hello Mike,

I have tried the workaround but I am still getting the same error. It looks like the entries added by me in the login object are not correct. Currently I have added the  Agent name and the Database Credentials(root/<pwd>) in the Login object. Are these entry correct ? Please share some details or share a link regarding ,what need to be entered in the Login Object for the connection test to pass successfully in connection object.

-Regards
      Mohit

• 4.  Database connection failing in Connection Test

Posted Oct 20, 2017 06:27 PM
    Hi Mike,

Take a deeper look at LOGIN objects in our docu here:

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/AWA/12.0/DOCU/12.0/AWA%20Guides/help.htm#AWA/Objects/obj_login.htm?Highlight=LOGIN

It appears you are entering everything correctly but I'm taking a deeper look with an example.

Thank you,
    Andrew

• 5.  Database connection failing in Connection Test

Posted Oct 21, 2017 01:14 AM
    Hi Mohit__9840 ,

What version of the Automation Engine do you use?
    Maybe you can also post a screenshot of the connection object as well as the login object.
    That might make it easier to further troubleshoot this issue.

Cheers,
    Alexander

• 6.  Database connection failing in Connection Test

Posted Oct 24, 2017 06:13 AM
    Hello Alexender/Mike,

We are using the Automation Engine version 12.0. I am attaching the screenshot for the LOGIN as well as the CONNECTION object. In the LOGIN Object agent name is SQLTEST , type is SQL and the username and password are the MYSQL database credentials (root/<MYSQLDBPWD>).

Please let me know if any other details are needed.

-Regards
      Mohit

• 7.  Database connection failing in Connection Test

Posted Oct 24, 2017 11:15 AM
    Hi Mohit,

Have you tried changing the Agent/Name for the top line in the LOGIN object from 'SQLTEST' to an asterisk '*' ? This looks like it could be a workaround and you can then change it back to the actual agent name and it may work.

• 8.  Database connection failing in Connection Test

Posted Oct 24, 2017 11:37 AM
    I would also try creating a new login object with just the SQL entry.