CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Tuesday Tips: Disable popup window during SD job

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 24, 2012 09:22 PM
    CA ITCM Tuesday Tip by Gordon Lamothe, Support Engineer for March 24, 20102

[size=6]TITLE: How to disable the popup window during a software package installation on an agent machine?

DESCRIPTION:

When deploying a software package to a target machine, a popup window will appear during the deployment of the package. The title bar of the popup window shows: DSM Software Delivery Job Check. Is there any way to suppress this popup window?

SOLUTION:

There are 2 ways to disable the popup.

Either:

Add the following parameter to the install procedure of the software package under the 'Embedded File' tab: $#bg

or

Set the configuration policy parameter 'DSM -> Software Delivery -> Agent -> Job Check: Silent mode' to 'True'.[size]

• 2.  RE: Tuesday Tips: Disable popup window during SD job

Posted Apr 25, 2012 10:36 AM
    Thanks Gordon for posting this tip on disabling popup window during SD job.

Mary

• 3.  RE: Tuesday Tips: Disable popup window during SD job

Posted Aug 15, 2012 02:30 AM
    Good morning,

only for my understanding: If i set "Job Check: Silent mode" to false AND set $#bg in Software package - What will happen?

• 4.  RE: Tuesday Tips: Disable popup window during SD job

Posted Aug 16, 2012 03:18 AM

Daniel.Heinrich wrote:

Good morning,

only for my understanding: If i set "Job Check: Silent mode" to false AND set $#bg in Software package - What will happen?
    If I am not wrong if we set the configuration setting i.e. "Job Check: Silent mode" to True - It will be applied for all future Software Deliveries from DSM , while $#bg is set in DSM Package procedure so will hide the SD Interface for that procedure only while showing the SD Interface for other DSM packages.
    I would prefer to use $#bg in DSM packages where I really require to hide SD interface, otherwise it is wise to let User see the SD interface & understand that XX package is running/installing on machine right now.
    If you are planning to use this to hide setup related popups it might not help as per my understanding DSM will run the setup with provided parameters & nothing else it will not hide the setup related popups but only SD interface.

Regards
    Ravi

• 5.  RE: Tuesday Tips: Disable popup window during SD job

Posted Oct 03, 2012 02:54 AM
    Hi Gordon
    Thanks for posting such an important tips on disabling popup window during SD job. Pop-up blocking is directly integrated into Internet Explorer and enabled by default. To disable the pop-up blocker, open the Tools menu, select the Pop-up Blocker option, and select the Turn Off Pop-up Blocker option.