AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Email notification for max_run_alarm in Autosys

Posted Sep 11, 2019 11:42 PM
    Hi All,

I have a question regarding the email notification for the max run alarms in the Autosys job. I have created the autosys  job and added the max alarm on the job(This is a file watcher job). We don't have the send notification feature (Send_notification: y & notification_emailaddress: email@xyz.com) in our Autosys environment.

Can you please help me on the below . Thanks for your help in advance.

1. Can I get email notification for max run alerts if yes, please send me the sample syntax. OR
    2. Can I use Autorep command or any other command to find if there is any max run alert generated for all the jobs in our application.

• 2.  RE: Email notification for max_run_alarm in Autosys

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2019 02:31 AM
    Hi Sharath,

Good day!!

Yes Alert notification feature is available from latest version 11.3.6 SP7. 

Please refer below documents for detailed informed to set email alert for Max run alarm.

Q ) Can I get email notification for max run alerts if yes, please send me the sample syntax

https://docops.ca.com/ca-workload-automation-ae/11-4-2/en/reference/ae-job-information-language/jil-job-definitions/notification_alarm_types-attribute-specify-the-alarm-for-which-to-send-the-email-notification
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-workload-automation-ae/11-4-2/en/administrating/ae-administration/send-email-notifications
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-workload-automation-ae/11-4-2/en/installing/ca-workload-automation-ae-deployment-best-practices/implementation-best-practices/configure-email-notifications

Q)Can I use Autorep command or any other command to find if there is any max run alert generated for all the jobs in our application.

autorep command can be used to find the max run alerts or a Alert policy can be created under WCC Monitoring tab

- autorep -j All | grep "Maxrun" ( For all the jobs under application ) 
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-workload-automation-ae/11-4-2/en/monitoring-and-reporting/ca-wcc-monitoring-and-reporting/ca-wcc-monitoring-application/manage-alerts-and-alarms-in-the-monitoring-application#ManageAlertsandAlarmsintheMonitoringApplication-CustomizetheAlertPoliciesTable

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
    Shiva Krishna. K

• 3.  RE: Email notification for max_run_alarm in Autosys

Posted Sep 12, 2019 05:23 PM
    Thanks Shiva Krishna for your help.  We don't have send notification in our Autosys environment and so we cannot confiure SMTP server to receive emails for alerts using attributes ((Send_notification: y & notification_emailaddress: email@xyz.com) ) as mentioned in my first email. The purpose of this job is used to check for the file (fw job) and if the file is not avaialble on the schedule time the max_run_alert attribute will be used to generate the alert. Do we have anyother option other than the SMTP email configuration to receive the alert notification ?

And also autorep command can only get the report of the status of the jobs like (started, failed, sucess, on ice, off ice, terminated, inactive, terminated) but can't provide the information of the job that has attribute defined as Max_Run_Alarm.  
    autorep -j All | grep "Maxrun"
    doesn't work. Please correct me if there is any syntax error.

Alert policy can be created under WCC Monitoring tab
    Alert policy only includes Running, Starting, Success, Failure, Terminated, OnIce, IN active, Activated, Restart, On Hold, Quue wait, Pending Machine, Waiting on Resource, On No Execution, Suspended, Unknown has no attribute with Max_Run_Time alarm.

Sample job: ( I am looking for the command for the status of the attribute highlighted below in Red).

/* ----------------- TEST.F ----------------- */
    insert_job: TEST.F job_type: FW
    box_name: Test.B
    machine: localhost
    owner: appid
    permission: gx,wx
    date_conditions: 0
    description: "File Watcher for Test"
    max_run_alarm: 30
    alarm_if_fail: 1
    profile: "/dev.env"
    alarm_if_terminated: 1