Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  SNMP Gateway Restarts + Workaround?

Posted Jan 14, 2016 12:33 PM

Hello,

In reviewing the SNMP docs, there is a technical note around Gateway restarts and SNMP monitoring.  Specifically, it reads:

Technical Note: There is currently a known issue when using the SNMP tooling to monitor the Layer 7 Gateway services. When the Gateway restarts, the SNMP OIDs that identify a particular service changes, forcing the need to update the SNMP tooling configuration. contact the Tactical Department at Layer 7 for a workaround solution to this issue

Has anyone had to deal with this?  I'll reach out to the tactical department for specifics, but I wanted to see what the community understands this to be.

Thanks!

Alejandro

• 2.  Re: SNMP Gateway Restarts + Workaround?

Posted Jun 08, 2016 07:23 PM

Hi acalbazana. As you noted, that seems to be a bug. There is ongoing JIRA ticket SSG-5043 dealing with this issue. Did you find a workaround solution?

Regards

Arash Eftekhari

Support Engineer, Global Customer Success

Email: CATechnicalSupport@ca.com

Phone: +1 800 225 5224

Outside of North America - ca.com/us/worldwide.aspx

CA API Management Community: ca.com/talkapi

• 3.  Re: SNMP Gateway Restarts + Workaround?

Posted Jun 10, 2016 10:19 AM

The solution here is to apply the SNMP tactical package to the gateway.  I believe it is a separate download and requires some configuration on the Gateway side to enable the service, setup the ports, and add a new policy for the SNMP endpoint.

Thanks,

Alejandro