Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Is there place we can find Comparision of features bewteen Release Automation 5.5.x and 6.1.x version

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 12, 2016 10:44 PM

Hello Experts,

I would like to know if there is any place where we can find the feature comparison between Release Automation 5.5.x and 6.1.x version. I feel this would be really helpful for our client to decide the upgrade of new version and give them enough understanding why they need to upgrade new version(excluding EOL versions).

If some one have this already created and possible to share would be very much appreciated.

Thank You

Sachin

• 2.  Re: Is there place we can find Comparision of features bewteen Release Automation 5.5.x and 6.1.x version

Posted Jun 13, 2016 01:03 AM

Hi Sachin

Normally you should find the new features that introduced in the version in the release notes under new features and enhancements (e.g for 6.1 New Features and Enhancements - CA Release Automation - 6.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

Thanks

Jacky

• 3.  Re: Is there place we can find Comparision of features bewteen Release Automation 5.5.x and 6.1.x version
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 13, 2016 01:48 AM

Hi Jacky,

True , i have seen this and also gone through the release notes docs and it gave me good idea. My purpose is to have a matrix of comparison of new feature between RA 5.5.x and RA 6.1.x more towards encouraging clients to upgrade for new version and enable them to use the new features or RA.If we could have this documented like current version and new version makes many managers , users , Administrators more happy to find everything in nutshell.

I appriciate your reply to my query , Thank You

Sachin.

• 4.  Re: Is there place we can find Comparision of features bewteen Release Automation 5.5.x and 6.1.x version

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 14, 2016 05:26 AM

Hi

I am not aware there is currently such a document as mentioned  by Jacky the current place to go is the

release notes for the product which list the enhancements and fixes added to this release.

You may want to submit a idea to enhance the documents to include a a comparison sheet .

Regards dirk

• 5.  Re: Is there place we can find Comparision of features bewteen Release Automation 5.5.x and 6.1.x version

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 23, 2016 12:44 AM

Hi DIRK,

I found (today 23rd June) below link which has something good to suffice at the moment ,its not matrix we looking for but short 2 pages about new Release Automation and Release Automation CDE details.

I feel this is good to share with our customers when proposing for new RA version upgrade. On more bugfix / newfeature we can use Release Notes pages from the site.

How to open Steps:

1. Press Ctrl+Right Click and it will open new page.

2. Now from the table you can open respective details of particular RA Versions

CA Release Automation Product Release and Support Announcements - CA Technologies

Hope this help at the moment , if you already know this page then please ignore it.

Thank You

Sachin

• 6.  Re: Is there place we can find Comparision of features bewteen Release Automation 5.5.x and 6.1.x version

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 27, 2016 09:46 AM

Hi Sachin ,

Good point indeed the release annoucement also contains a short list off the improvements

made in this release.

Thanks

Dirk