DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Agents IP address

Posted Feb 04, 2014 11:11 AM

Hi All,

Is there a way to retrieve Agent's Host IP address ? We are getting Agents hostname but not IP.

Intead of doing any changes to the IntroscopeAgent.profile or passing JVM parameters, is it possible ?

Regards.
    Vaibhav

• 2.  RE: Agents IP address

Posted Feb 04, 2014 11:30 PM

Hi Vaibhav,

You can do some thing like extract the hostnames and do a nslookup, if its a requirement to use the values outside introscope.

However the aget profile has a configuration to display only the fqdn or short hostname, no opton within the profile to display the IP instead of hostname.

Thanks

• 3.  RE: Agents IP address

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 05, 2014 02:51 PM

I'm assuming you're missing the IP Address information under "Host" node of your agent?

• 4.  RE: Agents IP address

Posted Feb 06, 2014 03:07 AM

Hi Hiko,

Initially I was expecting this reply from users, but I think they got me..
    Actually what I am trying to achieve is, I want agent's IP address to be passed to the 'action' integrated with alert.

To elaborate, I want to run a shell script which would be requiring agent's IP address. I am trying to work with 'nslookup' command.

So this is the whole case.

Regards,
    Vaibhav

• 5.  RE: Agents IP address

Posted Feb 13, 2014 03:43 PM

Hi All,

Any updates ?

I want hosts\agents IP address to be passed to a shell script located at EM . ( Apart from the "nslookup" command )

Please help.

Regards,
    Vaibhav

• 6.  RE: Agents IP address
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 16, 2014 09:20 PM

Hi Vaibhav,

In the shell script you can use the below to take the ip address from the hostname.

nslookup <hostname / variable containing hostname> | grep 'Address:' | sed -n '2p' | awk '{print $2}'

I guess there is no other way to get the host ip address, in the metric name, when the host is populated with a host address.

Thanks

• 7.  RE: Agents IP address

Posted Feb 17, 2014 03:04 PM

Thanks Suresh.
    Appreciate your help.

Regards,
    Vaibhav