DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  SMS alerts installation and configuration

Posted Jun 19, 2012 09:57 AM
    Hi Team

Planning to immplement SMS alerts on spectrum in our organization, Request you to let me know the requirements and how to do the same.

spectrum version : H07.

Regards,
    Nataraj.S.M

• 2.  RE: SMS alerts installation and configuration

Posted Jun 20, 2012 06:28 AM
    Hi,

Most of our customers here have SMS email gateways, so we just format the sms notification a bit different than the email notification. One neat thing we did is that we used the notification scripts to determine if the "Notification Data" field of SANM contains a email address or mobile number and based on that the alert will be processed accordingly. Or you can create seperate SANM policies that use seperate AlarmNotifier Instances one for email and one for SMS.

You just need to determine the transport mechanism for sending out SMS's within the organization and modify the Notification scripts.

Regards.

• 3.  RE: SMS alerts installation and configuration

Posted Jun 21, 2012 01:31 AM
    Ok. we have the email alert SMTP server, using same SMTP server SMS alerts can be configured ?

• 4.  RE: SMS alerts installation and configuration

Posted Jun 21, 2012 06:04 AM
    Hello,

You would have to check if your organization has this ability to do this or if they have some other SMS gateway transport mechanism, i.e. most of our customers have SMS gateway servers, i.e. we send and email i.e. 1234456798@customersgateway.com , this will then route it as a SMS to the Telco.

Regards,

• 5.  RE: SMS alerts installation and configuration

Posted Aug 22, 2012 10:31 AM
    If using SMTP for SMS alerts, how do you handle situations where the SMTP server is not available, causing SMS delivery failure?

• 6.  RE: SMS alerts installation and configuration

Posted Aug 22, 2012 12:24 PM
    Nataraj,

I suggest using SMTP email using one instance of AN and SMS gateway for sms with another instance of Alarm Notifer.

kalyan