Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  WebSocket usage

Posted Jul 19, 2019 11:59 AM
    Edited by Stephane Schwob Jul 19, 2019 12:02 PM

Hello,

I need to be able to give access management through SIteMinder with reverse proxies to an app that would use WebSockets.

I already saw that SiteMinder is not been compatible with WebSockets (ref) contrary to Layer 7 APIM or PAM.
    Since SiteMinder is mandatory for me, what would be your advise to be able to use WebSockets with it ?

Tx

Stephane

• 2.  RE: WebSocket usage
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 19, 2019 02:39 PM
    This might be one of the things you found but as you stated Siteminder does not support Websockets or SecureReverse Proxy.

https://community.broadcom.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MID=730550#bmd11fbbb6-d902-42e5-98fe-161d7cf5c9c1

This post mentions a need for an enhancement to be opened but I could not find that enhancement.  That post was from 2014 and we have moved to a new community system since that time.  I am not aware of a way around this.  You might want to open an SSO case as well.  If not, I also recommend you open an "ideation" ( on the top toolbar).  Thank you.

------------------------------
    Best regards,

Scott Owens
    Sr Support Engineer
    Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom Inc.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: WebSocket usage

Posted Jul 22, 2019 11:59 AM
    Hello Scott,

Tx for your reply. As suggested, I will open a CA case to get help on how to set up a siteminder design that would get websockets working.

BR
    Stephane