Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  [DevTest 10.2.4.153] how to set the STAND_IN address in the option LIVE

Posted Jun 18, 2020 12:44 PM

Hello everyone.

I would like to know how to set the STAND_IN mode to which address or test will be indicated. Even placing the values ​​configured in the variable LIVE_INVOCATION_SERVER and configuring a port in LIVE_INVOCATION_PORT, the answer does not correspond with the expected. What is the way the DevTest arrow this information to answer is who was informed? Could anyone help?

Thank you all.

------------------------------
    Michel Silva
    Capgemini

• 2.  RE: [DevTest 10.2.4.153] how to set the STAND_IN address in the option LIVE

Posted Jun 19, 2020 02:05 AM
    Hi Michel,

You can change the mode from Portal.

Thanks

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 3.  RE: [DevTest 10.2.4.153] how to set the STAND_IN address in the option LIVE

Posted Jun 19, 2020 06:29 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Vaibhav Jain.

I created a code on devtest to take LIVE_INVOCATION_SERVER and LIVE_INVOCATION_PORT and direct it according to the information I put. The configuration of the execution mode in the Portal is always in DYNAMIC, which allows changing the execution mode through devtest using script. The problem is that I put the information, but the devtest disregards the information entered and does not direct to the LIVE service. Changes can only be made with a script according to my project

Thank you! 

• 4.  RE: [DevTest 10.2.4.153] how to set the STAND_IN address in the option LIVE

Posted Jun 19, 2020 06:42 AM
    Hi Michel,

I believe, you meant the live invocation server and port are getting populated as per your expectation.

Please check following points:

What is the script you used to set the execution mode STAND_IN ?

Is your virtual service sending a no-response for your test scenario - as only in this case STAND_IN  mode will be executed.

Thanks

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 5.  RE: [DevTest 10.2.4.153] how to set the STAND_IN address in the option LIVE

Posted Jun 19, 2020 07:04 AM
      |   view attached
    We have a code block inside the ".vsm" file inside the devtest called "getExecutionMode" and according to the request match it returns the expected response.

If the answer is correct and the execution mode chosen is EFFICIENT it returns the virtual service only.

If the answer is LIVE it returns only the real service, this works well.

We put a new condition for STAND_IN and it should return the real service when the correspondence leads to a default (xml or json) answer. Even if you are looking for the information correctly, devtest is unable to direct you to the real service with this configuration.

Michel Silva
    Capgemini

• 6.  RE: [DevTest 10.2.4.153] how to set the STAND_IN address in the option LIVE
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 19, 2020 07:18 AM
    Edited by Christopher Hackett Jun 26, 2020 05:32 PM
    Hi Michel,

Could you try remove the highlighted if condition and try adding another testExec.setStateValue for any variable in place of yellow content to make sure the code is getting executed.

Also, did you marked anything true or false in your VSI ? - meta transaction or any script 

If you could share the DevTest Project, share it over vaibhav.b.jain@capgemini.com

Thanks

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 7.  RE: [DevTest 10.2.4.153] how to set the STAND_IN address in the option LIVE

Posted Jun 29, 2020 08:35 AM

Hello Vaibhav Jain.

I would like to thank you for your help. Our time identified that DevTest was unable to do the routing due to a configuration on our bus. We were able to solve the problem.

Thank you all.

• 8.  RE: [DevTest 10.2.4.153] how to set the STAND_IN address in the option LIVE

Posted Jun 30, 2020 02:00 AM
    No Worries. Happy to help.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini