DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Viewing Current Switch Temperature

Posted Jul 27, 2017 01:08 PM

Hello all. I am running Spectrum v10.2 and have Cisco Nexus 5548UP switches installed on the network and discovered in Spectrum.  Is there a way to view what the current ambient temperature of the switch is using Spectrum?  I have searched through the Component Detail Pane but do not see any temperature related items.  Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Viewing Current Switch Temperature
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 27, 2017 07:46 PM

I believe Spectrum certification for this device has to be enhanced to create application model of CISCO-ENTITY-SENSOR-MIB and create the subview in the Component Detail -> Information tab.

CISCO-ENTITY-SENSOR-MIB traps are supported though. If you configure the device to send CISCO-ENTITY-SENSOR-MIB trap, Spectrum will recognize the traps and raise event.

The following is the trap mapping configuration Spectrum has in $SPECROOT/SS/CsVendor/Cisco_Router/AlertMap file.

# entSensorThresholdNotification    # entSensorThresholdValue
    1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.91.2.0.1 0x00210aa7 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.91.1.2.1.1.4(1,2)\
                                        # entSensorValue
                                        1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.91.1.1.1.1.4(3,4)

Spectrum will raise 0x210aa7 event with the following event message when it receives trap from the device.

A(n) "entSensorThresholdNotification" event has occurred, from {t} device, named {m}.

The sensor value crossed the threshold listed in entSensorThresholdTable. This notification is generated once each time the sensor value crosses the threshold. The agent implementation guarantees prompt, timely evaluation of threshold and generation of this notification.

entSensorThresholdValue = {I 1}
    ifIndex.entSensorThresholdIndex = {o 2}
    entSensorValue = {I 3}
    ifIndex = {o 4}