DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Spectrum-Jasper login

Posted Aug 28, 2018 06:20 PM

Hi All,

We set up a jasper server a few months back, and we created several accounts in Jasper that were also in Spectrum and we logged in and were able to get in to the Jasper server just fine. Now I haven't been in jasper server in about as many months and when I try to log in I get "invalid credentials supplied".  Can someone tell me what the information is that gets plugged in the 3  boxes. I type  spectrum in the Organization box, Then my user name and password I use to get into Spectrum, which is ldap. What am I missing? I have tried every variation of organization and username and password and I still cant get in. If I use superuser, superuser with no organization I get in just fine.

TIA

• 2.  Re: Spectrum-Jasper login

Posted Aug 29, 2018 01:41 AM

Check the Jasper Integration under Report Manager in web console and see if the integration is still working .  Also check if you have Enable SSO selected if you are using it for authentication 

• 3.  Re: Spectrum-Jasper login

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2018 07:47 AM

So - is this a fresh CABI(Jasper) install - and there is no integration done via CA Spectrum integration (OC-server with ReportManager option - then Report Manager configuration dialogs). By initial default installation the CABI(Jasper) is NOT syncing any user account/models from Spectrum (as it just does not know anything about it). Doing the first time a CABI integration the OC-server hosting this integration is "sending" user-model information from Spectrum into the CABI context. 

Up to this time there is only the Administrator account (superuser;superuser) valid. 

There is also the option to configure CABI(Jasper) with enabled SSO/LDAP. 

Is this matching here? hth .. cheers, Joerg 

• 4.  Re: Spectrum-Jasper login

Posted Aug 29, 2018 01:36 PM

Hi Joerg,

Yes the integration with Spectrum was completed, and I even logged in when it was first setup with my regular user account. But now I am getting "invalid credentials"

• 5.  Re: Spectrum-Jasper login
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 29, 2018 03:28 PM

After integration is completed, the login is -  organization: spectrum  - username and password is the same as username.

• 6.  Re: Spectrum-Jasper login

Posted Aug 30, 2018 09:16 AM

Are your Spectrum users authenticating through LDAP?  If so, we have found that when the integration between Spectrum and Jasper occurs, the users that are automatically created from Spectrum to Jasper are created with the password the same as the UserID since we don't create the passwords for users within Spectrum.

We have found the fix to be to login to JasperReporting as the superuser and delete all the users that were automatically sent from Spectrum.  Log out as the superuser and attempt to login as the user with the LDAP password.  The user will then be created with the correct password from LDAP.

• 7.  RE: Re: Spectrum-Jasper login

Posted Jan 16, 2020 12:17 PM
    @Michael Zink @Michael Zink Do we need to configure Jaspersoft to use LDAP here or it just uses the LDAP authentication from Spectrum? Also, organization should be spectrum, correct? ​​

------------------------------
    Thank you.
    Rajashekar

• 8.  RE: Re: Spectrum-Jasper login

Posted Jan 17, 2020 11:12 AM
    @Rajashekar Allala ​I believe you have to configure the Jasper server to use LDAP as well.  I have since changed jobs and the new environment I am in does not currently use the Jasper Server for reporting in Spectrum.

• 9.  RE: Re: Spectrum-Jasper login

Posted Jan 17, 2020 12:25 PM
    Thank you Michael Zink.

Thank you.
    Rajashekar