DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  How can I customize the Quick Search in Oneclick

Posted Feb 15, 2018 02:37 PM

I would to know if it is possible to customize the quick search with searching by ID attribute?

Today I have the CA Spectrum with version 10.2.1 .

Thank you

Valéria

• 2.  Re: How can I customize the Quick Search in Oneclick
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 15, 2018 02:49 PM

Hello Valeria

If you are referring to the Device Search in the top-right of main OneClick display, then no, this Search is for Device Name or IP Address only, and it not customizable. 

However, you can customize search with Locator. You can select attributes to search against. 

including sysObjectID (0x10053) attribute (assuming this is what you meant):

Hope that helps

Regards,

Jay V

• 3.  Re: How can I customize the Quick Search in Oneclick

Posted Feb 15, 2018 03:05 PM

Hello Jay V,

Yes,I am referring to the Device Search in the top-right of main OneClick display. Maybe in the next releases this option may be available to customize.

Thank you

Valéria

• 4.  Re: How can I customize the Quick Search in Oneclick

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 15, 2018 03:10 PM

Hi Valeria

One of the nice things about CA Communities boards is that it allows Users to provide direct feedback to CA development & product management for things like Enhancement ideas.

You can see list of current Ideas being discussed here. There are a few in regards to custom searches - perhaps an Idea already exist which may pertain to your request. 

https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-infrastructure-management/ca-spectrum/content?filterID=contentstatus%5Bpublished… 

Otherwise, you may feel free to open your own Idea. The more visibility and more UP votes an Idea receives, the more chance it has to make it into future releases: 

https://communities.ca.com/create-idea!input.jspa?containerType=14&containerID=3008 

~Jay V