Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Disaster recovery

Posted May 22, 2017 01:09 AM

Hello sir,   

Need an understanding about the disaster recovery plan. 

As we have two gateway nodes in cluster and DR gateway situated in another location .

Client requirement : Any published policies should be backup on the DR gateway. if the production gateway cluster goes down the buisseness should not get effected. After the cluster goes down the Request for Apis should be redirected to DR gateway.

We have done replication in the production   environment  for the two gateway nodes. 

Please help us to fulfill the Disaster recovery plan.

Thanks !!!!

• 2.  Re: Disaster recovery
    Best Answer

Posted May 22, 2017 01:34 AM
      |   view attached

I have attached DOC related to DR but this is cold DR, in other words you have to bring up the DR node manually and route messages to the DR system

Attachment(s)

pdf
    DR.pdf   475 KB 1 version

• 3.  Re: Disaster recovery

Posted Aug 08, 2018 10:14 AM

where can i check if DR is configured/enabled in my environment. (I am new to environment)

Thanks

Shani

• 4.  Re: Disaster recovery

Posted Aug 10, 2018 07:36 AM

I think you can only see DR maybe by looking at configured cronjobs etc.

The only thing you can see within the gateway is if it's a clustered environment. You'll see multiple nodes on the 2nd tab in the Dashboard within the Policy Manager in that case. But that is just for high availability (HA) or capacity/performance and not really DR unless one of the nodes is a remote node.

• 5.  Re: Disaster recovery

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 21, 2018 09:48 AM

If you use this within an Gateway 9.3 environment you might receive the following error, when trying to start the DR node:

No database connections open after 30 seconds; possible DB connection failure 

Checking the mysqld.log will show the error:

Access denied for user 'gateway'@'localhost' (using password: YES). 

As of Gateway 9.3 we are running with MySQL 5.7 instead of 5.5. Between these 2 versions there have been changes in the command syntax regarding GRANT commands. You should be able to fix this situation by running the following mysql commands:

ALTER USER 'gateway'@'%' identified by '<db_user_password>'; 
    GRANT SELECT,UPDATE,DELETE,INSERT ON ssg.* TO 'gateway'@'%'; 
    flush privileges; 

• 6.  Re: Disaster recovery

Posted May 23, 2017 03:27 AM

Thank you sir for your assistance!!!!