Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Portfolio Scorecard - only inlcudes 'Active' projects

Posted Jan 05, 2010 01:15 PM
    Hi  I am looking into the Portfolio Scorecard functionality within Portfolio Management and am interested to hear from others who are using this successfully.  My business objective is to review Role Actuals against Role Capacity for the year to date. I have set the parameters correctly in Properties and Contents. The issue I am coming up against is that the current standard scorecard/analysis will only include 'Active' projects. This is not useful to  us as, naturally, over a year there will be projects in a portfolio which are underway (active) and those that have been completed and closed (not-active). We can still report on these projects in other standard portlets by choosing or excluding the active field.  CA Support have advised that there is an existing Enhancement Request which may be included in a future Clarity release: CLRT-43933: Modify Portfolio Scorecard results to include all investments act ive and inactive, as specified by the user thorugh power filters.  CLRT-43933 has been requested to modify Portfolio Scorecard results to includ e all investments active and inactive, as specified by the user thorugh power   filters. Currently, only active investments are displayed.   How are other companies using the Active field? Do you de-activate projects once they are completed? Have you created work-arounds for the scorecard? I am currently providing the Actuals V capacity information by exporting actuals to excel.  We are running v8.1 (and I understand this issue applies to v12 as well)  Thanks in advanceAJP

• 2.  Re: Portfolio Scorecard - only inlcudes 'Active' projects

Posted Jan 05, 2010 05:30 PM
    AJP,  In the contents section of the portfolio, set a Power Filter to Project = Inactive or Project = Active, check the Include, and then syncronize.   This will make available to you all of the active and inactive investments.   Be sure that you set the already defined filter to All as it defaults to 'approved' which will leave out anything that was cancelled or onhold.   However, you are correct on the enhancement request.   None of the other Power Filters on the portlets inside of the Portfolios can be used to 'deslect' or downsize your view.   We anxiously await this fix.  We began using 8.1.0 fp3 in one year ago and now are at 12.3.   We plan not to de-activate an investments that have any  actual cost for some unforseen future as we need to have the historical project cost readily available through all the UI's  Hope this helps.  Vic

• 3.  Re: Portfolio Scorecard - only inlcudes 'Active' projects

Posted Jan 11, 2010 01:23 PM
    Vic  Thanks for the advice. I tried this ( Power Filter to "Project = Inactive  OR Project = Active", check the Include, and then syncronize. Ensure to amend filter to All rather than just 'approved' ) but still could not show the inactive projects in the results. Were you able to successfully do this on r8.1.x or only in r12 ?  In the properties page we have set as follows:  Manage costs using: Total Planned CostCapacity Unit type: HoursManage Capacity Using: Total CapacityPortfolio Investment Types: ProjectPortfolio Type: Provider  ThanksAdam

• 4.  RE: Re: Portfolio Scorecard - only inlcudes 'Active' projects

Posted Jan 30, 2012 02:13 PM
    Sounds like this user was struggling with the same issues as I. Wish there was some resolution at some point......

• 5.  RE: Re: Portfolio Scorecard - only inlcudes 'Active' projects

Posted Feb 10, 2012 12:29 PM
    Hi All,

Anyone have anything further on this one?

Thanks!
    Chris

• 6.  RE: Re: Portfolio Scorecard - only inlcudes 'Active' projects

Posted Feb 14, 2012 04:55 PM
    We are on Clarity 12.1 and this issue still exists. How are other companies addressing inactive projects within portfolios? Are you building custom portlets and/reports to report on portfolio information? Are you simply not inactivating projects?

Also, does anyone know if this has been resolved in v13?