AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Is there method to automatically load user-defined system level symbolic variables during dSeries startup?

Posted Oct 15, 2015 01:00 PM

Is there method automatically load user-defined system level (ESP prefixed) symbolic variables during dSeries startup?

I want to be able to have them loaded into the host object automatically during startup, prior to running of any events.

• 2.  Re: Is there method to automatically load user-defined system level symbolic variables during dSeries startup?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2015 06:14 AM

Hi,

You can define set of values in <server>\conf\DBInit\Sundry\Resources.Define.UserESP file and import the file in the server side. But these values will be loaded only when the server is cold-started.

Please refer the R11.3 docs -  page 73 , section - "Defining a system-level symbolic variable" in DE Programming Guide Document for further details and recommendations.

Hope it helps!

Thanks and regards,

Ravi Kiran

• 3.  Re: Is there method to automatically load user-defined system level symbolic variables during dSeries startup?

Posted Oct 21, 2015 12:44 PM

Thanks for the pointer.

• 4.  Re: Is there method to automatically load user-defined system level symbolic variables during dSeries startup?

Posted Feb 24, 2016 05:37 PM

We are trying to kick off a job when the server is restarted or an event.

We are trying to kick off a job in D-Series when the main  CA Workload Service_7599  is started. So if the  server is rebooted
    we want to kick off a job within D-Series.  Is there  a way to hook an job up do fire off when the server is rebooted?  Let me know if you know of a way.

We set up a monitor job to catch the service starting on a windows server but it will probably just fail if the server is stopped.   Is this possible.  ?

• 5.  Re: Is there method to automatically load user-defined system level symbolic variables during dSeries startup?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 26, 2016 07:42 AM

Hi,

I did not try this but you can do the following -

1.  Create a event which has a "Text File Reading and Monitoring job". Look for text "Running as ***" in <server>\logs\tracelog.txt. The message comes up when server starts up.

2.  Once this job completes , create an Alert to re-trigger the same event.

3.  It will keep monitoring.

Hope it helps!

Thanks and regards,

Ravi Kiran

https://communities.ca.com/message/241863384?et=watches.email.thread#comment-241863384

• 6.  Re: Is there method to automatically load user-defined system level symbolic variables during dSeries startup?

Posted Feb 26, 2016 08:04 AM

Hello

Thank you!   I got the monitoring job.   I will let you know if it works.

Hermien

• 7.  Re: Is there method to automatically load user-defined system level symbolic variables during dSeries startup?

Posted Mar 31, 2016 09:09 AM

We created a monitor job that monitors when the Ca Workload 7599 service is started.

Once the service is started the monitor job kicks off a javascript which checks the  OS-LOAD_ESP_VARIABLES defined by the programmers.

It is working and it is the first job that runs when the server is rebooted.