Service Virtualization

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to connect workstation with remote registry

• 1.  Unable to connect workstation with remote registry

Posted May 20, 2020 06:28 AM
    After migration of devtest server to azure we are trying to connect the workstation to a registry which is on the remote server and the registry server is not yet migrated and is still of prem whn trying to connect getting the below error, any help will be appreciated thanks in advance 

java.rmi.RemoteException: Error on server: Failed to build body from bytes. Reason: java.io.InvalidClassException: org.springframework.security.core.authority.SimpleGrantedAuthority; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 410, local class serialVersionUID = 400; nested exception is: java.rmi.RemoteException: Error on server: Failed to build body from bytes. Reason: java.io.InvalidClassException: org.springframework.security.core.authority.SimpleGrantedAuthority; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 410, local class serialVersionUID = 400; nested exception is:  com.itko.jms.JMSException: Failed to build body from bytes. Reason: java.io.InvalidClassException: org.springframework.security.core.authority.SimpleGrantedAuthority; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 410, local class serialVersionUID = 400 at com.itko.lisa.net.ServerRequestHandler.processRMIMessage(ServerRequestHandler.java:573) at com.itko.lisa.net.ServerRequestHandler.access$600(ServerRequestHandler.java:70) at com.itko.lisa.net.ServerRequestHandler$5.run(ServerRequestHandler.java:451) at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)Caused by: com.itko.jms.JMSException: Failed to build body from bytes. Reason: java.io.InvalidClassException: org.springframework.security.core.authority.SimpleGrantedAuthority; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 410, local class serialVersionUID = 400 at com.itko.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.java:35) at com.itko.activemq.command.ActiveMQObjectMessage.getObject(ActiveMQObjectMessage.java:191) at com.itko.lisa.net.MessageHandler.getObjectFromMessageSerialize(MessageHandler.java:256) at com.itko.lisa.net.MessageHandler.getObjectFromMessage(MessageHandler.java:126) at com.itko.lisa.net.ServerRequestHandler.processRMIMessage(ServerRequestHandler.java:512) ... 7 more

• 2.  RE: Unable to connect workstation with remote registry

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2020 08:55 AM

Hi Akansha
         This error occurs when you try to connect from a lower version workstation to a higher version registry. For eg: 10.4 Workstation to 10.5 Registry. THis is not a valid/supported use case. 

Please check the version of Workstation and Registry components. Always make sure the workstation is of the same version as that of registry or higher.
    --
    regards
    Sankar Natarajan

• 3.  RE: Unable to connect workstation with remote registry

Posted May 21, 2020 04:41 AM
    Hi Vaibhav, sankar 

Thanks for your quick response my registry and workstation both are of same version i.e 10.0.0.3, from my local workstation i am able to access the registry but when i try and open the workstation on my migrated server only then i am facing this error, also i am unable to deploy the mar file on VSE it is giving the same error kindly note the VSE is running on the migrated server

• 4.  RE: Unable to connect workstation with remote registry

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 21, 2020 07:02 AM
    Hi Akanksha
         Please check if the following file exists with same name on both Workstation and Registry where you are seeing the problem.

Folder: LISA_HOME\lib\shared
    File: spring-security-core-4.1.0.RELEASE.jar

--
    regards
    Sankar Natarajan

• 5.  RE: Unable to connect workstation with remote registry

Posted May 26, 2020 03:14 AM
    Hi Sankar 

yes the jar file is placed in both the servers with the same name

• 6.  RE: Unable to connect workstation with remote registry

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 26, 2020 03:46 AM
    HI Akansha
           PLease check for any other versions of this file " spring-security-core-4.1.0.RELEASE.jar"
    in   LISA_HOME\lib\shared  folder on both machines. I suspect the presence of   "spring-security-core-4.0.0.RELEASE.jar" in one of the machines.

--
    regards
    Sankar Natarajan

• 7.  RE: Unable to connect workstation with remote registry

Posted May 26, 2020 04:40 AM
    Hi Sankar 

yes spring-security-core-4.0.1.RELEASE.jar file is present in the migrated machine . it is because of this jar file do i need to place this jar file in other server as well or remove it completely from both the machines 

• 8.  RE: Unable to connect workstation with remote registry

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 26, 2020 04:51 AM
    HI Akanksha
           Please retain only "spring-security-core-4.1.0.RELEASE.jar" at LISA_HOME\lib\shared folder. Please move any other version of " spring-security-core" file to some other folder outside LISA_HOME. Make sure you stop and start registry as well as workstation after this change. 

--
    regards
    Sankar Natarajan

• 9.  RE: Unable to connect workstation with remote registry

Posted May 26, 2020 06:46 AM
    Hi Sankar 

I removed the other versions as suggested, but when trying to run the workstation on the server getting below error 

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.itko.lisa.swing.common.Utils.deregisterEscapeKeyAction(Ljavax/swing/RootPaneContainer;Ljava/lang/Object;)Vjava.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.itko.lisa.swing.common.Utils.deregisterEscapeKeyAction(Ljavax/swing/RootPaneContainer;Ljava/lang/Object;)V at com.ca.l2w.gui.L2WBalloonTip.setVisible(L2WBalloonTip.java:152) at net.java.balloontip.utils.ToolTipUtils.balloonToToolTip(ToolTipUtils.java:101) at com.itko.util.swing.controls.ButtonManagerBase.applyToolTip(ButtonManagerBase.java:337) at com.itko.util.swing.controls.ButtonManagerBase.setupButton(ButtonManagerBase.java:297) at com.itko.util.swing.controls.ButtonManagerBase.getButton(ButtonManagerBase.java:164) at com.itko.util.swing.controls.ButtonManagerBase.getButton(ButtonManagerBase.java:147) at com.itko.lisa.gui.LisaMainPanelBase.makeMasterToolBarButton(LisaMainPanelBase.java:250) at com.itko.lisa.gui.LisaMainPanelBase.makeMasterToolBarButton(LisaMainPanelBase.java:242) at com.itko.lisa.gui.LisaMainPanelBase.getMasterToolBar(LisaMainPanelBase.java:1838) at com.itko.lisa.gui.LisaMainPanelSwing.createToolbar(LisaMainPanelSwing.java:533) at com.itko.lisa.gui.LisaMainPanelSwing.configureUI(LisaMainPanelSwing.java:135) at com.itko.lisa.gui.LisaMainPanelSwing.init(LisaMainPanelSwing.java:122) at com.itko.lisa.gui.LisaMainPanelSwing.<init>(LisaMainPanelSwing.java:112) at com.itko.lisa.gui.LisaFrameSwing.createLisaMainPanel(LisaFrameSwing.java:265) at com.itko.lisa.gui.LisaFrameSwing.configureSwingFrame(LisaFrameSwing.java:138) at com.itko.lisa.gui.LisaFrameSwing.configureUI(LisaFrameSwing.java:275) at com.itko.lisa.gui.LisaFrame.init(LisaFrame.java:403) at com.itko.lisa.gui.LisaFrame.<init>(LisaFrame.java:107) at com.itko.lisa.gui.LisaFrameSwing.<init>(LisaFrameSwing.java:103) at com.itko.lisa.gui.TestManager.startLISAUI(TestManager.java:657) at com.itko.lisa.gui.TestManager.parseAndProcessCommandLineArgs(TestManager.java:359) at com.itko.lisa.gui.TestManager.lambda$runMain$198(TestManager.java:252) at com.itko.lisa.gui.TestManager.setupTryOrBuy(TestManager.java:259) at com.itko.lisa.gui.TestManager.runMain(TestManager.java:251) at com.itko.lisa.gui.TestManager.main(TestManager.java:130) at com.itko.lisa.gui.LISAWorkstation.main(LISAWorkstation.java:16) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source) at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source) at com.install4j.runtime.launcher.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

• 10.  RE: Unable to connect workstation with remote registry

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 26, 2020 07:07 AM
    HI Akanksha
                  PLease can you elaborate on what files were removed and from where.

--
    regards
    Sankar Natarajan

• 11.  RE: Unable to connect workstation with remote registry

Posted May 26, 2020 07:16 AM
    Hi Sankar 

i had removed "spring-security-core-4.0.1.RELEASE.jar" file from the migrated machine where where workstation is installed 

• 12.  RE: Unable to connect workstation with remote registry
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 26, 2020 07:23 AM
    HI Akanksha
                 I am suspecting the migrated machine (where your workstation is installed) may be an older version of Devtest. Please check the folder LISA_HOME\lib\core and send me a screenshot of files present in that folder.

--
    regards
    Sankar Natarajan

• 13.  RE: Unable to connect workstation with remote registry

Posted May 26, 2020 08:23 AM
    Hi Sankar 

yes in the core folder i could see that the  jar files of both the version 9.5.1 and 10.3.1 was present i chnaged it and now its working as expected thanks for all your supports sankar :)

• 14.  RE: Unable to connect workstation with remote registry

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 26, 2020 09:07 AM
    No worries. THanks for the update.

--
    regards
    Sankar Natarajan

• 15.  RE: Unable to connect workstation with remote registry

Posted May 26, 2020 03:13 AM
    Hi Vaibhav 

Its just azure migration the same setup is only shifted to azure server all the components are on the same version and was working fine before the azure migration

• 16.  RE: Unable to connect workstation with remote registry

Posted May 20, 2020 12:16 PM
    Hi Akansha,

It is recommended to keep all the components of same version, so plan the update accordingly.

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 17.  RE: Unable to connect workstation with remote registry

Posted May 21, 2020 05:01 AM
    Hi Akansha,

In your case, can we assume all - local workstation, remote registry and Enterprise dashboard and remote workstation are of same version.

Are you migrating to a different version (or just azure migration). In case of version migration, please verify if have you copied the vseDeploy folder as well on the server?  you should not copy the tracking and services files to the updated version folder structure.

Also, do check if Java is confgured in env variables as well.

Thanks

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini