Automic Continuous Delivery Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Architecture CDA and Licensing

Posted Jul 07, 2020 07:41 PM
    Edited by Johnny andrey Jul 07, 2020 07:41 PM
    Hi team,

We want to implement the following CDA versión 12.3 architecture for our organization 

distributed deployment

one balancer of load for the next two servers

ONE SERVER WITH MEMORY OF 16 GB FOR AWI AUTOMIC WEB INTERFACE - PRODUCTION operating system windows server 2016 capacity disk  250 GB
    ONE SERVER WITH MEMORY OF 16 GB FOR AWI AUTOMIC WEB INTERFACE - PRODUCTION operating system windows server 2016 capacity disk 250 GB

ONE SERVER WITH MEMORY OF 16 GB FOR AWI AUTOMIC WEB INTERFACE-  FOR QA TEST  operating system windows server 2016 capacity disk 250 GB

ONE SERVER WITH MEMORY OF 16 GB FOR AUTOMATION ENGINE FOR THE CP FOR PRODUCTION operating system windows server 2016 capacity disk 300 GB

ONE SERVER WITH MEMORY OF 16 GB FOR AUTOMATION ENGINE FOR THE WPFOR PRODUCTION operating system windows server 2016 capacity disk 300 GB

ONE SERVER WITH MEMORY OF 16 GB FOR AUTOMATION ENGINE FOR THE DP-JWP-JCPFOR PRODUCTION operating system windows server 2016 capacity disk 300 GB

we only have one license for AE

I can have this infrastructure distributed with only one license for AE AUTOMATION ENGINE?  or I must have three licenses for each of the engines example: AUTOMATION ENGINE FOR THE CP,  AUTOMATION ENGINE FOR THE WP and  AUTOMATION ENGINE FOR THE DP-JWP-JCP?

what is the suggested architecture for this implementation, also at the resource level?

is it possible to do this implementation?

I'd like you to give me a suggestion.

thanks team

• 2.  RE: Architecture CDA and Licensing

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 13, 2020 03:33 AM
    It is recommended to install Automation Engine with all the processes (CP/WP/PWP/JWP/JCP) in one server. Please refer to the below architecture:

Note: The above architecture is for version 12.1 there are changes on the ports for the WP  (option for static or automatic random port binding).

As for the license you are only entitled to have 1 Automation Engine Server (Or this will be the base pack for the Automic Continuous Delivery Automation) which means you can only install 1 Automation Engine Server. You can install another Automation Engine as they removed the license restriction but as for the usage it will be recorded on the Telemetry setup (with these you need to check with your Account Manager).

For the Automic Web Interface (AWI), you only need to setup for PRODUCTION as there are no Automation Engine for QA TEST.

As for the capacity and sizing, it will depend on your usage/requirement of the Automic Continuous Delivery Automation System. Please refer to the link below:

Link: CDA System Requirements and Sizing