CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Remove CI Relationships with GRLoader

Posted Feb 24, 2016 03:28 PM

According to the SDM Admin Guide it is possible to submit XML to GRLoader with the delete_flag = 1 to set a relationship Inactive. I was looking for something simpler such as loading a table of CIs from a spreadsheet with relationships to be removed, similar to what you can do to create them. Is anything like this possible? Does anyone have any other suggestions for bulk removal of relationships from CIs?

• 2.  Re: Remove CI Relationships with GRLoader

Posted Feb 25, 2016 03:52 AM

Hi,

GRloader also accept csv fand xls files.

then you can work in exell, save you file as .csv  or either.xls when ready and initiate Grloader trough a simple bat file

as soon you respect GRloader format you must be good.

"How to Prepare for Loading Spreadsheet Data" is documented in the CA_SDM_CMDB_Tech_Ref_ENU.pdf guide

Hope this help.

/J

• 3.  Re: Remove CI Relationships with GRLoader

Posted Feb 26, 2016 02:08 PM

You are correct and we have used GRLoader with spreadsheets; however this method appears to only be valid for creating relationships. I am interested in the best way to remove (or set Inactive) relationships on CIs that are no longer in service. We currently use web services and GRLoader to create CIs along with their relationships. We are looking for a way to automate the decommissioning of CIs and as part of that process we want to remove any existing relationships.

• 4.  Re: Remove CI Relationships with GRLoader
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 29, 2016 03:55 AM

Did you tried to pass the tgt_delete_flag column in your file for the relationships too?

the value to be pass there are: active/inactive

Will need to do a small test but I don't think there is any limitation there.

You will only be able to set those as inactive via this method but must work.

Load data using Web Services into the TWA table then use GRloader command to commit the data to the CMDB or either  use GRLoader directly for both.

You can also eventually extend (with small mod/spl  customization) to Call GRloader directly from Web services.

Hope this help

/J

• 5.  Re: Remove CI Relationships with GRLoader

Posted Feb 29, 2016 02:45 PM

I created an xls with the following data to use with GRLoader and it set the existing relationship to Inactive:    

provider_nametypedependent_namedelete_flag
    ServerAconnects toServerB1

Thanks for your help.