Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Nolio KB: Agent v3.3/4.0 on AIX system with NON-Default Java location

Posted Dec 18, 2013 05:13 PM

Nolio Official KB: I am trying to do a Nolio Agent v3.3 -v4.0 Install on an AIX sytem with a NON-Default Java location, and it keeps failing, What should I do?

Problem:  While doing a local Install for Nolio Agents V3.3 and V4.0 on AIX the install fails

Analysis: Check if Java is installed in a NON- Default Location 

Logs evidence:

nolio-log: DATE [pool-5-thread-1] ERROR (UnixExecutionInstallServiceImpl.java:209) - Could not install agent on server [server] error is [mkdir: cannot create /tmp/nolioTempFiles. /tmp/nolioTempFiles: File exists ] out is [No suitable Java Virtual Machine could be found on your system. The version of the JVM must be at least 1.6. Please define INSTALL4J_JAVA_HOME to point to a suitable JVM. You can also try to delete the JVM cache file /home/admin/.install4j ]

Solution: To enable Nolio Agent on AIX box to work properly with JAVA that is not installed in the default location, you need to update a two link locations under the (Nolio Agent Root)  folder

(Nolio Agent Root)/jre/lib

Update the link from /usr/java6_64/jre/lib/ext to the location of your JAVA install

(Nolio Agent Root)/jre/bin

Update the link from /usr/java6_64/bin/java to the location of your JAVA install

• 2.  RE: Nolio KB: Trying to do a Nolio Agent v3.3 -v4.0 Install on AIX system w

Posted Dec 18, 2013 05:13 PM
    Once the installation finished you need to update wrapper.conf (Locate in [agent installation dir]/conf) and modify the following line to point to java6 location

# Java Application

Wrapper.java.command={WRITE THE LOCATION OF THE NEW JRE}

It should be something like /app/tools/java6/jre

• 3.  Re: Nolio KB: Agent v3.3/4.0 on AIX system with NON-Default Java location

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 26, 2014 01:35 PM

I followed the OP's steps on Linux, but I'm assuming the same applies on AIX.  I found that in my case it was not necessary to update the wrapper.conf.  My setting is set to this by default:

wrapper.java.command=./jre/bin/NolioAgent

So since that setting points to the symbolic link, updating the symbolic link itself is all that needs to be done, since it now points to the correct java location.

• 4.  Re: Nolio KB: Agent v3.3/4.0 on AIX system with NON-Default Java location

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 26, 2014 01:31 PM

This article was extremely helpful for me, as I was able to translate the resolution into a Fedora VM I ran into a problem on after updating Java.  I wrote my own article to this specific to Linux, and mentioned a link to yours here for AIX users. Thanks for writing this!

• 5.  Re: Nolio KB: Agent v3.3/4.0 on AIX system with NON-Default Java location

Posted Jan 17, 2018 08:19 PM

hi can you please help me out how to install the nalio agent in my AIX 7.1 machine.

From where I can get the install package for nalio (CA Release Automation)