CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  When creating a Change Order from an existing Incident, how can I add an additional argument to be populated in the Change Order?

Posted Aug 05, 2014 12:54 PM

Customer wants to populate a custom field with the ticket number of the incident that the change was created from.  I know it is already in the list of related tickets, but they want it populated on the main form as well so it is easily viewable.  How can this be accomplished?

Thanks,

Kevin

• 2.  Re: When creating a Change Order from an existing Incident, how can I add an additional argument to be populated in the Change Order?

Posted Aug 05, 2014 01:14 PM

I know that when creating a problem from an incident you can set defaults on the problem by updating the hidden elements within the frm002 form in detail_in.htmpl. Not sure if you could do a similar thing for change in the detail_in.htmpl by changing the button to a similar command. The problem is controlled by the following:

<PDM_MACRO name=button caption="Create Problem[!ea]" func="create_new('cr',0,0,0,'PRESET=type:P','INITFROM=frm002', 'PRESET=from_incident:$args.persistent_id')" hotkey_name="Create Problem[!ea]" id=ITIL_PROBLEM>

• 3.  Re: When creating a Change Order from an existing Incident, how can I add an additional argument to be populated in the Change Order?

Posted Aug 05, 2014 01:18 PM

I did a quick test and this is possible to do for change as well by the looks of things but you need to change the button to use a similar command to the one used for the problem record. You could associate it with another form though if you want different defaults - such as frm003. If you do look at changing the template then please test it thoroughly as I have only done a very quick update and test to check it creates a new change with the fields I requests populated as expected so can't guarantee it wouldn't cause other issues without a full test.

• 4.  Re: When creating a Change Order from an existing Incident, how can I add an additional argument to be populated in the Change Order?

Posted Aug 05, 2014 02:02 PM

Thanks for the idea.  It does work, however, it does not bring over the Configuration Item from the incident anymore.  Any idea on how to populate that into the CI List on the Configuration Item tab?

Thanks,

Kevin

• 5.  Re: When creating a Change Order from an existing Incident, how can I add an additional argument to be populated in the Change Order?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 05, 2014 02:41 PM

Thanks to Terry Hodge, I have it working.  Had to copy the chg_site.spl file from NX_ROOT/samples/call_mgt to NX_ROOT/site/mods/majic and add the additional attributes to the cr::site_call_to_change_mapping() method.