Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  CA IM 14.3 Manage Endpoint Accounts

Posted Jul 15, 2019 06:18 PM
    Hi Team,
    CA Identity Suite 14.3 vapp.

I have this use case, customer want to allow Unix Administrator or Windows Administrator to manage their endpoint directly using CA IM UI.
    Meaning that, if am a Unix Admin, i can login to CA IM UI to manage all Unix Servers and unix accounts in /etc/password. Unix Admin will create account, reset password, delete account using this CA IM UI. 

My current understand in CA IM is that, in order to manage endpoint account, it have to go thru/search a Global User.

Q. Does CA IM can provide such feature to Unix Admin ?

regards,
    William

• 2.  RE: CA IM 14.3 Manage Endpoint Accounts
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 16, 2019 11:41 AM
    Have you tried using the Modify My Endpoint Accounts task, or the Modify Unix v2 Accounts task for this?  Did this provide the functionality you need?

• 3.  RE: CA IM 14.3 Manage Endpoint Accounts

Posted Jul 17, 2019 09:06 PM
    Hi Catherine, Yes it does provide the functionality, but my question is more on

if i use CA IM UserConsole(web interface), i have to search a global user in order to modify an Unix account. 
    If I use CA Provisioning Manager, then i can go directly to Unix Endpoint, select Unix Account and search the Unix account directly(without need to search for global user). 

Q. in CA IM UserConsole(web interface), can i search Unix account directly, without need to search the global user ?