DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Nexus 7K device CPU & Memory monitoring

Posted Feb 19, 2018 09:43 AM

Hi, I have a cisco Nexus 7K device monitoring in my spectrum set-up with device OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.12.3.1.3.1648

After referring spectrum certified devices, I found the device with above oid is not spectrum certified device. Kindly help me in fetching above device cpu & memory utilization metrics. 

Above stated device OID MIB files are available in Spectrum MID tools.

Regards,

Vishnu Prasad

• 2.  Re: Nexus 7K device CPU & Memory monitoring
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 19, 2018 10:22 AM

You can add this SysOID into the Device Certification utility. Map your device on a CiscoNXOS Model Type, that should be fine. Then you might have to play a bit with Attribute Redirection (NRM_* attributes). Have a look at that page of the documentation : Normalized Memory Utilization Attributes - CA Spectrum - 10.2 to 10.2.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: Nexus 7K device CPU & Memory monitoring

Posted Feb 19, 2018 11:12 AM

Hi,

I tried as stated by you above but after self certifying device by OID, still model type present as gnsnmpdev.

No. of Attributes remains same and no new attributes discovered even after rediscovering device.

Regards,

Vishnu Prasad

• 4.  Re: Nexus 7K device CPU & Memory monitoring

Posted Feb 19, 2018 11:30 AM

After having changed a Model Type mapping, you need to delete/remodel the device.

• 5.  Re: Nexus 7K device CPU & Memory monitoring

Posted Feb 20, 2018 03:29 AM

Hi,

I tried remodeling the device which not helped.

I tried by deleting the device and discovering it back which helped in the issue resolution.

Regards,

Vishnu Prasad

• 6.  Re: Nexus 7K device CPU & Memory monitoring

Posted Feb 20, 2018 03:44 AM

Yes, to change the Model Type of a device, unfortunately, you're forced to delete the device first. Hope one day, a function to replace the Model Type would be part of the OOTB features!

• 7.  Re: Nexus 7K device CPU & Memory monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 20, 2018 11:50 AM

Greetings,

Actually you don't have to delete existing models to update the Model Type. Once you have made the SysOID mapping change in the Device Certification utility, and saved the changes to the SSdb database, you can use the NewMM.pl script to update the existing models to the new Model Type. The steps are documented in the "Certification" document, under the section named  "Change the Model Type for a Single Device Type Using a Script" (see https://docops.ca.com/ca-spectrum/10-2-2/en/managing-network/certifications/customizing-identification-with-device-certification/change-the-model-type-for-a-single-device-type-using-a-script)

To use the NewMM.pl script to update existing models:

1. Verify the SpectroSERVER is running on the landscape that you want to update the models on. If you are running a Distributes SpectroSERVER environment, you will need to run the NewMM.pl script on each of your landscapes.

2. Open a command line (Linux/Solaris) or 'bash -login' shell (Windows) on the MLS SpectroSERVER, or the Target SpectroSERVER, as the Spectrum owner account.

3. Change directories to the $SPECROOT/Install-Tools/PostInstall  directory.

4. Run the following command:   ./NewMM.pl -m

The -m option tells the script that it will run a specific model criteria that you will provide.

5. Enter the host name or IP Address of the VNM (SpectroSERVER) you want the script to connect to.

6. Enter the landscape Handle of the VNM in HEX.

7. Enter the System Object ID you want the script to search for.

8. Enter the current model type you want the script to search for.

9. Enter the new Model Type you want Spectrum to use in the conversion. The script will create a log file detailing the results of the conversion. The log file name will in the format of NewMM_Log_<date>. Review the log to ensure all models found were converted.

For Example, using the scenario described in the previous threads:

NewMM.pl -m example

Once the models are updated to their new Model Type, it's a good idea to run a reconfiguration against the update model types. This will cause Spectrum to re-walk the devices and update the child application models supported by the new model type.

I hope this was helpful,

Brad

• 8.  Re: Nexus 7K device CPU & Memory monitoring

Posted Sep 19, 2018 03:44 AM

Hello Christophe,

le lien n'est plus disponible.

En as-tu un autre stp ?

Cdlt

• 9.  Re: Nexus 7K device CPU & Memory monitoring