Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Road map of Oracle 12c support

Posted Apr 07, 2015 05:01 AM

What is the road map of Oracle 12c support? We are on 11.2.0.3, which would end of support in our organization by end of 2015, Also the latest version of Clarity i.e. 14.2 is also not supported on 12c, what is future plan to mitigate this risk?

• 2.  Re: Road map of Oracle 12c support

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 07, 2015 10:15 AM

Hi Sapan,

CA office hours or End of Sprint demo's could be place to get this information.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: Road map of Oracle 12c support

Posted Apr 09, 2015 04:20 AM

Next "Office Hours" is today (Thursday, April 9th @ 1 PM ET)

I did ask this question at the last one Tomorrow! Office Hours for CA PPM, March 12 @ 1 PM ET (but no official answer)

So End-of-sprint demos* would be the best place to ask (if no-one from the product team offers to join in this thread) -

(* have these started up again, I thought I was (re)registered but not seen any for a while?)

• 4.  Re: Road map of Oracle 12c support
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 09, 2015 04:29 AM

Hello Sapan,

We understand the risk and CA has already started working on this item.

Oracle 12c support is Planned for next CA PPM release, a.k.a. Eltz.

Hope this answers your question.

Thank You!!

Namita Mishra

• 5.  Re: Road map of Oracle 12c support

Posted Apr 09, 2015 04:36 AM

Thanks Namita - for what its worth, we got a 14.1 sandpit instance running on 12c OK when the DBA set the 12c database up in "old-style" management, when we set the database up in new "12c style" (described to me as "containers") then we could not connect to it in the CSA. We suspected that the Clarity software/db-drivers just did not expect that "12c style" setup.

(the details of the above mean very little to me, might make sense to an Oracle DBA person)

• 6.  Re: Road map of Oracle 12c support

Posted Apr 09, 2015 04:41 AM

Thanks David for sharing the experience.

I am not a DBA either but I understand what you have mentioned.

I will take up this item to make sure this information gets shared with the right group of folks.

Thanks Again!!

Namita

• 7.  Re: Road map of Oracle 12c support

Posted Apr 09, 2015 04:38 PM

If you were receiving authentication / protocol errors back from Oracle in the logs, then it would be due to the drivers, they need updating and building into the new version (I tried various methods including the known tricks of changing the sqlnet options but none worked).

I guess the traditional methods (i.e. non-container database format) have some backwards compatibility and tolerance built into them still, but container/pluggable databases are where its at for the future, and I'll be trying to get that working as soon as I can (with the releases Namita refers to) to put it through its paces.

• 8.  Re: Road map of Oracle 12c support

Posted Apr 10, 2015 04:44 AM

Thanks Namita for the details. Can you share general availability date for this release? I know it would be tentative but should have when I speak with my project team.

Regards,

Sapan

• 9.  Re: Road map of Oracle 12c support

Posted Aug 11, 2015 04:46 AM

Hello Sapan,

It is planned for the end of third quarter. Please note this is planned and may change.

Thanks,

Namita

• 10.  Re: Road map of Oracle 12c support

Posted Aug 19, 2015 05:55 AM

Thanks Namita!!