Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Is there a way to temporarily disable Clarity On Demand ?

Posted May 23, 2013 10:53 AM
    Is there a way to temporarily disable Clarity On Demand ?
    We need to have a maintenance period that shows a "under maintenance right now" message and stops users from logging in. How can I do this?

• 2.  RE: Is there a way to temporarily disable Clarity On Demand ?

Posted May 23, 2013 11:11 AM
    There is an IDEA recorded for this sort of thing.
    I don't know of any clever way at present of doing this though (other than stopping the service!)

• 3.  RE: Is there a way to temporarily disable Clarity On Demand ?

Posted May 23, 2013 11:52 AM
    Hi,

Maybe you could doing redirecting Claritys URL in your infra (proxy... firewall...) to a warning page, granting access just to your IP (or your team).

Nei

• 4.  RE: Is there a way to temporarily disable Clarity On Demand ?

Posted May 23, 2013 12:49 PM

Nei_Lojas_Renner_SA wrote:

Hi,

Maybe you could doing redirecting Claritys URL in your infra (proxy... firewall...) to a warning page, granting access just to your IP (or your team).

Nei
    Not in an On Demand environment... CA won't let me anywhere near that web server...

• 5.  RE: Is there a way to temporarily disable Clarity On Demand ?

Posted May 23, 2013 01:12 PM
    Nei

Not in an On Demand environment... CA won't let me anywhere near that web server...

Hum...
    I was talkinkg about your infra, not CA.
    You could redirect all connections (less yours...) to cppmXXXX.ondemand.ca.com in your firewall/proxy to a internal page with a Warning message.

Nei

• 6.  RE: Is there a way to temporarily disable Clarity On Demand ?

Posted May 23, 2013 01:42 PM

Nei_Lojas_Renner_SA wrote:

Hum...
    I was talkinkg about your infra, not CA.
    You could redirect all connections (less yours...) to cppmXXXX.ondemand.ca.com in your firewall/proxy to a internal page with a Warning message.

Nei
    Ah, I suppose that's a possibility. Our organization is huge and global, so that would be kind of like swatting a fly with an atomic weapon, but I'll consider it.
    The other thing I'm considering is locking all users and then restoring them once we're done.