Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Question related to Sub Object

Posted Feb 22, 2021 01:55 PM
    Hello Everyone, 

I have created Sub Object under Investment object. Currently it appears as menu in Program and Project. Is there a way that I can make it visible only at the Program Level instead of showing in both ? If yes, how to do it.

Please advise.

• 2.  RE: Question related to Sub Object

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 23, 2021 07:32 AM
    Hi,

I assume you are referring to Programs and Projects in the Classic UI.  To show or hide properties menu items in Classic, you can use display conditions.  To only display the properties menu link for your sub-object, go to Studio --> Objects --> Project.

Select the Views Tab, then click on "Layout : Edit" for Project Properties.  Select the menu item you want to hide and click on the Properties icon on the left.  Click on the Link for Display properties, then build a condition to only display if the item is a program (project.is_program == 1).  This tells the project properties page to display the link item only if the instance is a Program (which will never evaluate to true).

Save your updates, then do the same on the "Layout : Edit" properties for the Program Properties.  Since this condition will always evaluate to true, the properties menu item will display on Programs.