DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Alerts in devices connected to switch that assumes the switch port

Posted Apr 27, 2017 10:35 AM

Hello

I have a question:

I have spectrum 10.2 and if i connect an ip device to a switch interfaz, and if the switch is down , i have port connected to device down alert but i don't have the alert of device ip down , because the alert is assumed by the device that is above

Then the  ip device is in grey color but no in red and i don't have the device ip  down alert

I need the two alerts :

- Switch intereface down

- Ip device down

Can any pleople tell me if there is any way to do that?

Regards

• 2.  Re: Alerts in devices connected to switch that assumes the switch port

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 27, 2017 10:51 AM
      |   view attached

Disable port fault correlation on the VNM model in the Fault Isolation settings should do that (but keep in mind you’re going to get more alarms across the board).

Cheers

Jay

• 3.  Re: Alerts in devices connected to switch that assumes the switch port

Posted Apr 27, 2017 12:48 PM

Take a look at knowledge document TEC1269645

Also, you may have to set the Value When Red attr on the Pingable to a value other than zero.

Joe

• 4.  Re: Alerts in devices connected to switch that assumes the switch port

Posted Apr 28, 2017 07:15 AM

Thanks is a good advice Disable port fault correlation  but in this customer is not possible to actívate it

Th other posibility is to change the attribute When Red attr on the Pingable to a value other than zero but i don't know how could do that, can any people help me to do this posibility or if there is another way to do that?

Regards

Patricia

• 5.  Re: Alerts in devices connected to switch that assumes the switch port
    Best Answer

Posted May 01, 2017 10:45 AM

To set the Value When Red attribute, select the model, click on the Information tab and change the value.

Or you could right mouse click on the model, select Utilities -> Attribute Editor and change it there:

Joe