Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to Edit the Task Finish Date

Posted Dec 12, 2013 08:59 AM

Hi All,

I have Task which has start date:1st DEC 2012 and Finish Date 10th Dec 2013 the task is fixed Duration and Its loading Pattern is couner.The Task Has Actuals posted on it till 10th DEC 2013.Now i want to change the TAsk finsih date.When i do it by adding some ETC to the Task it was changing  in OWB, but when i save the project back to clarity and open again i see the date was not changing.

Can any one please tell me how to chage the fixed duration Task Finish Date.

Thanks

Rajesh

• 2.  RE: Unable to Edit the Task Finish Date

Posted Dec 12, 2013 10:14 AM

Fixed duration tasks are exactly those which you use when you cannot outwit autoschedule to do schedule as you like.

So you can change the task duration in OWB. Does it stay if you move around and make other modifications?

If it does stay, then it sounds like a Clarity rights issue. If it does not then it does not sound like fixed duration.

If you drag the end of the task bar in OWB Gantt does it stay or does i snap back?

Which Clarity and OWB version?

Martti K.

• 3.  RE: Unable to Edit the Task Finish Date

Posted Dec 12, 2013 10:20 AM

A post for the OWB board?

• 4.  RE: Unable to Edit the Task Finish Date

Posted Dec 13, 2013 12:11 AM

Hi Martink,

Iam using clarity v13.1 and OWB 2.0.

I can able to change the Task Finish date in OWB it is changing in OWB.But when i save back this project to clarity. The chages are not there.

The dates are reversed to the early dates.(The task is a fixed duration task and loading pattern is "counter" and there are actuals posted in this task).

Why the task Finsh date which was changed in OWB is not changing when save this project back to clarity.

I am doing this with my admin login .I don't think this was due to some access related issues.

can you please tell what could be the possible sollution for this

Thanks

Rajesh

• 5.  RE: Unable to Edit the Task Finish Date

Posted Dec 13, 2013 05:21 PM

If it is not rights then

Doing this will all Global rights for a task with fixed duration, actuals up to the current finish date, loading pattern contour

Write new finish date - Not saved into Clarity

Change task duration - Not saved

Stretch task in Gantt - Not saved

Add ETC in timescaled view to assingment - Changed task finish date saved into Clarity.

Martti K.

P.S. See also

http://www.nbl.fi/that_man/Clarity/Extending_task_length.pdf