DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Upload script error

Posted Nov 29, 2017 11:16 AM

Hello.

I am configuring a family of NCM for Aruba devices. The commands are very similar to Cisco devices and I already have the copy of running and startup config working. But I can´t get the upload config script working. I have used the same script of the Cisco device, and when I try to change the location to test it they seem all the lines it has been trying to change it

For example, I take a copy of running config and change the "location" line in it. I try to upload the new config with the line modified and this error appear.

Why it is trying to change all the lines. I thought the process did a diff command to change only the lines that are differents.  Aren´t they?

• 2.  Re: Upload script error

Posted Nov 30, 2017 04:47 AM

It will not diff. The upload config uploads all the config to the device. The statement modified might be inside of a more specific device setting. For example, interfaces, if you change the description for an interface, the command only makes sense in the context of interface configuration on the device. 

If you only want to change a section of the config, you should use upload tasks.

I think you should exclude from saving lines stat start with version. The error that you show tells me that 'version' is not a supported command on the device that you're trying to upload the configuration.