DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Import eventmodel with modelinggateway

Posted Jun 01, 2017 01:21 PM

Hello,

I tried several times to import "EventModel" models using the "Modelinggateway" without success.

The export works very well and I can find in the  XML file all my "EventModel"models under their right "EventAdmin" model.

But when I import by using the "Modelinggateway", all my "EventAdmin" models are well imported but zero "EventModel" models.

Is there something to configure like the .modelinggateway.xml in order to import my "EventModel"models ?

I tested and noted that if there is an "Unique_ID", it worked well but none of my "EventModel"models does have "Unique_ID"...

It's a big problem because in fact, it's impossible to have a true backup of my "EventModel"models and I need it in order to transfer them in another Spectroserver (newer version...).

If somebody has the solution, thank you in advance !

Best regards

PAILLER Cyril

• 2.  Re: Import eventmodel with modelinggateway

Posted Jun 27, 2017 05:48 AM

The exporting of Event Models is not supported out of the box. It would take significant customizations in order to accomplish this which is above and beyond the ability of ability of CA Support to provide. If this is something you absolutely need to do you will need to contact CA Professional Services.

• 3.  Re: Import eventmodel with modelinggateway

Posted Jun 27, 2017 06:10 AM

I thinks it's best for you to just use the XML as a base for creating a script that would re-create all your EventModels. Use a trap generator that would generate traps based on the information in the exported XML. Basically you just need the structure re-created.