DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Southband_Gateway

Posted Sep 12, 2017 04:57 AM

Hello,

I have a problem to make the "southband gateway" work properly.

The problem is that it doubles the alarms, they appear in both the equipment that acts as "proxy" and in the source equipment (discriminated by variable name 16).

I've done several tests. Only the alarm appears on the target computer when I include in the EventDisp of / Ctron_gen_Host / Host_Device that generates alarm, when in theory, in that EventDisp should only put the event code and in another EventDisp (which I have now located in / spectrum / custom / Events) the code with the actions to perform (log in bbdd, generate alarm).

Could you tell me how to configure it so that the alarm only appears on the source machine of the trap and not on the one that acts as a proxy?

Thanks in advance,

Eduardo

• 2.  Re: Southband_Gateway

Posted Sep 12, 2017 11:23 AM

What model type are you using as a "proxy".

Joe

• 3.  Re: Southband_Gateway

Posted Sep 12, 2017 11:37 AM

It's a Host_Device

Eduardo

• 4.  Re: Southband_Gateway

Posted Sep 12, 2017 01:45 PM

I ran a test in my lab using Spectrum 10.2.1 installed on Linux.

I created a custom $SPECROOT/custom/Event/EventDisp entry to generate a Critical alarm

I create a custom $SPECROOT/custom/Event/AlertMap file to send a trap and save the value of a varbind to event variable 16.

I added the event id only to the $SPECROOT/SS/CsVendor/Ctron_Gen_HOST/Host_Device/EventDisp file.

I modeled a Host_Device model

I set the Enable_SouthboundGateway attribute id 0x116296e to Yes on the Host_Device model

I used TrapGen to send a trap to the ip address of the Host_Device model where the value of the varbind was the model name of a different model in the Spectrum database.

No alarm was asserted on the Host_Device model

The critical alarm was asserted on the target model as expected

Joe

• 5.  Re: Southband_Gateway
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 13, 2017 09:27 AM

Hello Joe,

Many thanks for the support. Finnaly I found the problem.

Alarms were being replicated because both the proxy and target computers were the same Model Type (Host_Device).

Then the solution that has worked has been to change the model type of the "proxy" to host_systemEDGE and create within "/spectrum /custom/Events/Ctron_Gen_Host/" a new directory (Host_systemEDGE) and within this an EventDisp only with the event code. Then in the EventDisp of "/spectrum/custom/Events/Ctron_Gen_Host/ Host_Device" the alarms to be generated.

So, the problem seem to be that the device acting as a "proxy" can'y be the same model type as the target devices because if it does not duplicate the alarm because it's generating it for the model types "host_device".

Many thanks again Joe for your time and I hope someone can be of help

Eduardo