CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Allow non-unique records in usp_lrel_asset_chgnr table

Posted Apr 15, 2019 10:31 AM

Hello!

I would like to add one affected CI more times to a Change ticket. With SoapUI I can add a CI once, but cant do it again.

I didnt find any constraints on the table.

Any ideas, how can i solve this?

Thank you!

• 2.  Re: Allow non-unique records in usp_lrel_asset_chgnr table

Posted May 03, 2019 07:05 PM

Perhaps you could explain the business case behind needing a CI associated with the same Change Order more than once?

• 3.  Re: Allow non-unique records in usp_lrel_asset_chgnr table

Posted May 09, 2019 09:14 AM

hi,

first of all, thanks for the answers.

The business case: We mark the service outage_start and outage_end timestamp of the affected CI-s in the usp_lrel_asset_chgnr table with additional columns. If we add a CI to a change we have to mark the outage start and stop aswell.

However, there are CI-s which have more outage periods during the change and we want to mark them separately to get the accurate outage time. Thats the reason why we need to get rid of the constraint.

Thanks!

MichaelMueller

• 4.  Re: Allow non-unique records in usp_lrel_asset_chgnr table

Posted May 09, 2019 01:16 PM

So you have changes that occur over a (relatively) lengthy time that take CIs offline multiple times and you want the CIs to be available for users between those times. One idea I propose is that you break the change down into multiple Change Orders (one for each time that the CI is taken offline). Then tie the Change Orders together with a parent Change Order.

• 5.  Re: Allow non-unique records in usp_lrel_asset_chgnr table

Posted May 09, 2019 09:34 PM

Another possibility might be to add a classic workflow task to the change for each CI outage.

• 6.  Re: Allow non-unique records in usp_lrel_asset_chgnr table

Posted May 10, 2019 01:32 AM

Okay, understood.

You might need to think about your data schema.
    In your case, you dont have a dual relationship between change and ci, which holds an outage info.

You have a ternary relationship between change , ci, and outage.

You should have a separate outage object with a relation to the usp_lrel_asset_chgnr relation

That way you would be able to handle a list of outages for a single change affected ci.

At least from a schema perspective, this would be a more reliable approach, than to attach the same ci more than once to a change.
    Additionally you wouldn't harm the basic schema layout of SDM , and may be influence other app parts  ,  which rely on this standard  constraint.

Regards
    .....Michael

• 7.  Re: Allow non-unique records in usp_lrel_asset_chgnr table

Posted May 06, 2019 03:23 AM

hi,

even there is no index on my machine on db level, too, there is a 

INDEX SORT ASCENDING UNIQUE ( ORDER_BY ) chg nr ;

constraint in ddict.sch.

greetings, pacy

• 8.  Re: Allow non-unique records in usp_lrel_asset_chgnr table
    Best Answer

Posted May 07, 2019 03:43 AM

maybe take another closer look at the DB again.

I do have such a unique index in my test env. And if it is in the ddict.sch, it should be in the DB as well, If not, something is wrong!

However, I fully agree to Lindsay_Estabrooks, and ask myself, what exactly is the business use case here?

Regards

…..Michael

• 9.  Re: Allow non-unique records in usp_lrel_asset_chgnr table

Posted May 09, 2019 03:32 AM

hi,

of course you are right

my fault, i looked to fast in the wrong column.....i also have this index, it's non-clustered but unique

sry Kennedyzso and thx mikelm!