Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Future of Web Agent Option Pack

Posted Oct 17, 2017 05:03 PM

I have heard various stances on the future of the Web Agent Option Pack vs. CA Access Gateway.

I have heard that WAOP code is no longer being updated to include new features, and that it is being replaced by Access Gateway. I have also heard that this is not the case from CA support, as recently as this week.

As far as I know, there was not an updated Web Agent Option Pack delivered with SSO 12.6, or 12.7.

I would like clarification on the direction CA intends to take with the Web Agent Option Pack. Will CA continue to offer WAOP as part of the CA SSO solution? If so, how long will it be offered, and what is the plan for including support for new technologies and features in the WAOP? (AU/AZ Web Services, OpenID Connect, JWT Authentication, Enhanced Session Assurance, etc.)

For the record, I liked deploying these applications/solutions as a middle tier service behind a DMZ proxy server, so I preferred the Option Pack model vs the Access Gateway model.

Thank you!

Josh

• 2.  Re: Future of Web Agent Option Pack

Posted Oct 18, 2017 11:49 PM

For comment mehhe02

• 3.  Re: Future of Web Agent Option Pack

Posted Oct 20, 2017 11:36 AM

I am also interested in this. Not a huge fan of the Access Gateway generally but seems like the WAOP is a dead product in terms of functionality being added. Would be great to know what the official stance or road map is for it. 

• 4.  Re: Future of Web Agent Option Pack
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 20, 2017 12:01 PM

This is contingent on when the next web agent release would be scheduled.

I raised the Idea here to view / showcase demand for this.

https://communities.ca.com/ideas/235737234-ca-sso-align-waop-with-added-features-from-ca-ag 

• 5.  Re: Future of Web Agent Option Pack

Posted Oct 23, 2017 04:38 AM

In any case, the version 12.6 and 12.7 were thought to be new version for policy server.

The agents in general were not upgraded. For this reason also the WAOP is following the same flow of agents.

At the moment last agents are 12.52.

Cheers,

Pasquale

• 6.  Re: Future of Web Agent Option Pack

Posted Oct 23, 2017 09:15 AM

I'd also be interested in understanding why the Web Agent itself has not be updated

and/or if there a projected date for a release of a new Web Agent?
    Kirk