Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Pass User Parameter to Process

Posted Jul 11, 2012 09:50 AM
    Hello,

I am looking for an option to pass parameters to Process but unfortunately "Execute a process" is not providing this feature.

In detail ,I created a GEL script in process to retrieve external system data into clarity by providing the sysdate as parameter to retrieve current month data and I am scheduling this process using the job "Execute a process" but when user want to run this job if he wants to load again the last month data I am not finding a way to pass the Month parameter like we do for SQL Procedure job.

Is there any way we can provide user to pass the Month parameter every time if he is running the process manually.

Can someone help me in finding some solution for this.

Thanks in Advance,
    Karthik

• 2.  RE: Pass User Parameter to Process

Posted Jul 13, 2012 04:09 PM
    Hi All,

Any ideas here for Karthik?

Thanks!
    Chris

• 3.  RE: Pass User Parameter to Process
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 23, 2012 07:32 PM
    What i recomend you do is to create a custom object that contains your parameters and tie the process to that object. the user then puts the parameters they want, and saves, process executes on save of custom object.

then have your GEL script query those values on execution.

only problem is you will not be able to schedule it from the execute a process job (allthough there are some hoaky workarounds to make it do that).
    hope this helps.

• 4.  RE: Pass User Parameter to Process

Posted Jul 24, 2012 02:36 AM
    I have taken the similar approach for one of my requirement wherein i have created the custom object with all the parameters in it and associated the process with the object.
    When user selects the parameters and save it at the object instance, process takes the same and generate the output accordingly.

For Scheduling purpose, i have created one instance with the fixed parameters and one Stand Alon process, where i am taking the parameters from the predefined instance of the custom object.
    Though it is not the very good approach but it serves the purpose.

Thanks,
    Manish