DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Linklist of old UIM-Probes?

Posted Jun 08, 2015 06:55 AM

Hi!

I remember the time, as there was a thread in the old NMS-Forums where the links to old Probes where noticed:

http://forum.nimsoft.com/nimsoft/attachments/nimsoft/16/7729/1/probes.html

NOrmally it is not a problem to adopt the Syntax for an download-link to get an old Probe-Version, but, extremly difficult if it is hidden by that bloody "Release-####"-Syntax such like the robot_update-Probe, because I would like to switch our UIM 8.2 7.70-Robots back  to 7.63, because of Crash-Dumps with that, unfortunately it is a fresh 8.2-Installation therefore no old stuff in there :-(

Is this list still available?

cheers

Matthias

• 2.  Re: Linklist of old UIM-Probes?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 08, 2015 07:24 AM

Hi Matthias

You can normally request an older version from support. But here a link to the older version of the robot update package.

http://support.nimsoft.com/Files/Archive/00055/robot_update-7_63.zip

• 3.  Re: Linklist of old UIM-Probes?

Posted Jun 08, 2015 07:36 AM

Perfect

Thanks a lot

cheers

Matthias

• 4.  Re: Linklist of old UIM-Probes?

Posted Jun 10, 2015 04:10 PM

Matthias,

Did you submit a support case for the "UIM 8.2 Robot 7.70 "Crash-Dumps"?  As the Product Manager for the Hub & Robot I am very interested in getting to the root cause of the observed "crash-dumps"  You can reach me directly at james.cooke@ca.com.

Jim Cooke, Product Manager, UIM Core Services

• 5.  Re: Linklist of old UIM-Probes?

Posted Nov 30, 2018 10:56 AM

Full back catalogue of probe versions available here:

http://support.nimsoft.com/Default.aspx?center=felles/archive&state=hidden

• 6.  Re: Linklist of old UIM-Probes?

Posted Nov 30, 2018 11:21 AM

It's a good day when one learns something new that's also helpful.

Note for others, the link above didn't work for me - it opened the archive but replaced the state=hidden with state=ALL.

I had to manually change it on the URL in the browser to hidden again. If you touch a tab the list goes back to the usual limited set., 

It's also a long list - likely to get  timeout messages too.

• 7.  Re: Linklist of old UIM-Probes?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 03, 2018 11:52 PM

Thank you for sharing.

The older release is *intentionally* hidden in the main archive page, as we want customer stick with the latest one.

• 8.  Re: Linklist of old UIM-Probes?

Posted May 01, 2019 05:41 AM

Appreciate that, but it's very useful to have access to these for when having to deal with old Operating systems that don't support the newer probes.  Also, if bugs are found in newer versions, having the ability to roll back is very helpful.