Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Resource Availability in clarity tables?

Posted Aug 10, 2011 10:34 AM
    Hello,
    Where can i find the resource availability(eg 37.5 hours weekly). What table has these hours? Can i break it down by weekly? does time slices has these hours?

Please let me know. I need to calculate the percentage for resource based on total actuals hours /availabilty hours.

I really appreciate it.

Thank you
    RK

• 2.  RE: Resource Availability in clarity tables?

Posted Aug 10, 2011 11:00 AM
    Yes the time slices is where you need to look.

Slice #1 is the DAILY resource availability (1 record per resource per day) and slice #2 is the DAILY resource actuals (for posted timesheets - 1 record per resource assignment per day).

There is also slice #7 for Monthly availability an slice #4 for monthly actuals, but not a OOTB slice for weekly ones - you could create one yourself or just "sum" the daily slice values (I would do the latter).

The timeslices only cover a small period of time - so make sure that the period of time you are reporting over is contained within the slice periods (or else you will get confusing results!)

• 3.  RE: Resource Availability in clarity tables?

Posted Aug 10, 2011 11:09 AM
    Dave,
    Thank you for your reply, It helps. Apart from slices which table has availabilty hours and what is the field name? eg: PRassigment or prteam

Also where can i edit or change or look at the availabilty hours on clarity website?

Thanks again
    RK

• 4.  RE: Resource Availability in clarity tables?

Posted Aug 10, 2011 07:26 AM
    NO table holds the resource availability as a simple number (there are MANY threads on these boards about that issue!). :sad

The value you see on screen (on the resource properties screen) is a 'calculated value' which if you change is then applied to the resource's calendar (picking up the working days from the calendar) to give the availability per day (which is stored in a binary object (BLOB) on the database). Time slicing then presents that BLOB data as a readable value in the relational database (in the slice table (PRJ_BLB_SLICES), against slice #1).

• 5.  RE: Resource Availability in clarity tables?

Posted Aug 10, 2011 05:13 PM
    try below query to get Availability for Resource each week start

select res.unique_name [Resource Id], res.first_name+' '+res.last_name [Resource Name], slice_date [Week Start Date], slice [Availability] from prj_blb_slices wk
    join prj_blb_slicerequests req on wk.slice_request_id=req.id and req.request_name = 'WEEKLYRESOURCEAVAILCURVE'
    join srm_resources res on res.id=wk.prj_object_id

• 6.  RE: Resource Availability in clarity tables?

Posted Aug 10, 2011 05:13 PM
    try below query to get Availability for Resource each week start

select res.unique_name [Resource Id], res.first_name+' '+res.last_name [Resource Name], slice_date [Week Start Date], slice [Availability] from prj_blb_slices wk
    join prj_blb_slicerequests req on wk.slice_request_id=req.id and req.request_name = 'WEEKLYRESOURCEAVAILCURVE'
    join srm_resources res on res.id=wk.prj_object_id

• 7.  RE: Resource Availability in clarity tables?

Posted Aug 10, 2011 08:01 AM
    Resource availability is in prj_resrouces.pravailcurve
    which is based on prcalendar.prvalue for each resource linked to a calendar and the resource specific changes if any made to the resource calendar or availability field.

To make changes to resource availability go to
    1) Base calendars in Admin tool if they apply to more than one resource, create different calendars for different daily/weekly availability
    2) Calendar on resource properties if that is one resource only
    Make the changes by setting the shifts.

Leave the availability field in resource properties untouched (the default is 8) it will be changed to reflect the changes in calendars.

Unless you want to get into a mess don't change both the length of the working day through shifts and the availability. If you do you may have a hard time to get where you started from or to a value you want.

Martti K.

• 8.  RE: Resource Availability in clarity tables?

Posted Aug 10, 2011 02:06 PM
    Based on all these i'm thinkg to go the other way to hard code the available hours. Here is the code that i added and dont get anything thing when i select the dates parameters on start and end dates.
    >
    (DATEDIFF(week, @WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:DATE:VSDATE@, @WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:DATE:VEDATE@) * 37.5) as available_hrs

in where clause i have
    >

AND ((S.SLICE_DATE >= @WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:DATE:VSDATE@ OR @WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:DATE:VSDATE@ IS NULL)
    AND (S.SLICE_DATE <= @WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:DATE:VEDATE@ OR @WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:DATE:VEDATE@ IS NULL))

Can you please let me know why my available hours are still zero. i dont get any error but when i filter on dates the report shows empty.

Thank you
    Priya

• 9.  RE: Resource Availability in clarity tables?

Posted Aug 23, 2011 02:13 PM
    Hi All,

Any further ideas for Priya?

Thanks!
    Chris