Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  How to use Organizer - Task

Posted Aug 15, 2017 02:31 AM

In Clarity from Home - Personal - Organizer - there is a separate Tab for Tasks.

My understanding:

The user can filter by Project to show Task Items which they have been assigned to

The user can update data on the Task including Start/Finish date and ETC

The Start/Finish Date when updated automatically updates the Resource Allocation, and if required, the Task Start/Finish Date

The ETC when updated, updates the Pending ETC

The Pending ETC can then be viewed on the Pending Estimates Review

Open Workbench has the ability to 'accept' Pending Estimates - I don't know what this does to the Project Schedule

• Is anyone using Personal - Organizer?  Can you share your experience?
    • How does the PM review and update the Pending ETC?
    • We are using MSP Interface, where some Tasks have been updated with Pending ETC, and we can't work out why?  Is anyone else using MSP Interface?
    • How are PM's notified when a Task date is pushed out as a result of Organizer - Task?

There is a sections of the organization wanting to use this facility, but we can't locate documentation on the functionality.

• 2.  Re: How to use Organizer - Task

Posted Aug 21, 2017 11:01 AM

Dear Roland,

With respect to your query on Organizer >> Tasks tab, how it works with respect to marking tasks as completed, pending etc, please refer to the following knowledgebase document:

What happens when you mark a task Complete on the Organizer Task page? 

Detailed scenarios:

When a user marks a Task Completed in Organizer Task list, under certain circumstances the task finish date changes to t… 

Further reads:

Clarity: On the "Organizer: Tasks - Personal" page, why does the task status that is shown here, not match the task stat… 

How to update Estimate To Complete (ETC) by Pending Estimate automatically in Open Workbench? 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Samik

• 3.  Re: How to use Organizer - Task

Posted Aug 24, 2017 04:19 AM

Thank you Samik for this response.

Are you aware of any integration to MS Project, which is what this Client is using, in relation to Proposed ETC.

I have manually configured the Proposed ETC to push it via the MSP Mapping.  The PM can now see it in MSP now, and can then determine what they would like to do with it manually (ie update the ETC manually, and then blank out the Proposed ETC).

In addition, I have also configured a custom attribute Assignee Comment, which was pushed to the Organizer - Task via the Assignments objects, so the Resource can provide additional information back to the PM.  This is also being pushed via MSP Mapping.

Finally, I also developed a custom Portlet, based on Pending Estimates Review so that when the PM logs into Clarity, they have easy access to this data and can manually decide what to do with it.